Home Depot Affiliate Program Reviewed
Updated: November 21, 2023 by Bill Burniece
The Home Depot affiliate program offers you the opportunity to make easy passive income on hot-selling home improvement products.
In this Home Depot affiliate program review, I’ll take an in-depth look at the benefits of this program and present them to you, so you can decide if it’s a good program for you to promote.
As an affiliate for the Home Depot platform, you can earn from 1-8% commissions on sales by customers you refer to their website.
This program gives you a great opportunity to help your website earn commissions while promoting the most successful nationally-known home improvement retailer.
If you’re new to all of this, affiliate marketing is a form of online marketing that allows website owners and bloggers to earn commissions on qualified sales by referrals to homedepot.com.
Who Is Home Depot?
Home Depot needs little introduction especially if you live in the U.S.
The Home Depot was founded in 1978 by two guys named Arthur Blank and Bernie Marcus.
What started as a simple “hardware store” has grown into a behemoth home improvement retail operation.
In fact, today they are the world’s largest home improvement retailer.
They have more than 2,300 stores across North America that services consumers in everything home improvement.
Table of Contents
- Home Depot Affiliate Program Reviewed
- Who Is Home Depot?
- The Home Depot Affiliate Program
- Home Depot Affiliate Program Sign Up Process
- Tips For Promoting The Home Depot Affiliate Program
- How To Make $1,500 Per Month With Home Depot
- Products That Home Depot Affiliates Can Promote
- Pros And Cons Of The Home Depot Affiliate Program
- Should You Join The Depot Affiliate Program?
- Home Depot Affiliate Program Q&A
- Home Depot Alternatives
The Home Depot Affiliate Program
The Home Depot affiliate program allows digital marketers including bloggers, reviewers, influencers, and other website publishers to make income be referring customers directly to the Home Depot website platform.
How It Works:
- As an affiliate your job is to promote Home Depot products and services on your website, social platforms, or other channels using your unique affiliate link
- When a potential customer clicks on your links, you are credited as the referring affiliate
- When the customer orders merchandise from Home Depot you will earn a commission. Their current commission rate is 1% on products (including appliances), mobile, and buy-online + pick up in-store orders, and 8% on select home décor products
- Tracking cookies last one day (24 hours)
The Benefits Of Being A Home Depot Affiliate:
- Earn commission on on over 500,000 free ship to store or home items sold on homedepot.com
- The affiliate program is free to join
- You’ll get access to a daily product data feed along with banner ads, text links, and other creatives to use
- You’ll receive professional-level support
Home Depot Affiliate Program Sign Up Process
- Home Depot is partnered with the Impact affiliate network who administers the program
- Click here to land on the Home Depot affiliate program information page
- On that page click the orange link towards the bottom of the page
- If you are already signed up with Impact, just sign in then sign up to promote Home Depot
- If you are new to Impact, simply complete the application form. It’s free to join Impact
Tips For Promoting The Home Depot Affiliate Program
- Use automation tools and apps to increase your efficiency. All of Home Depot’s top performing affiliate marketers use automation tools to save time and effort. If you are not using these tools, you are working way too hard
- Do what your competitors refuse to do for their customers. How about making yourself available to them personally to answer any home improvement questions they might have. Go the extra mile
- Become the go-to person on all things Home Depot-related
- Know your numbers. Use the Impact affiliate dashboard analytics to test, track, and adjust your campaigns to improve your conversions and boost your income
- Build an email list of people interested in home improvement products and services. Be a giver
- When you start putting up big numbers, watch out for lazy competitors who will steal your content and your strategies. Always anticipate this and stay a step ahead of them by evolving and improving
- Always take care of your Home Depot referral buyers. If you ever lose trust, you will ruin your online reputation and that is nearly impossible to overcome
- Surround yourself with like-minded people who have similar goals to your own. Make allies and do joint ventures with the competitors whom you like. They can be enemies or allies. Make the smart choice
- Don’t promote any Home Depot products and services online, or any other products for that matter, that you don’t believe in yourself. To be an effective Home Depot partner, you should be honest about your experiences with their products
How To Make $1,500 Per Month With Home Depot
For starters, let me tell you that making $1,500+ per month by promoting a single affiliate program is not easy.
It takes time and consistent effort to scale your business to monthly four-figure levels.
The key to making $1,500+ per month as an affiliate for Home Depot is to focus on promoting their select home décor products that pay a commission of 8%, instead of the lower rate of 1% that you earn on appliances and other products.
Products That Home Depot Affiliates Can Promote
Partnering with The Home Depot Affiliate Program will give you access to promote one of the world’s largest collections of quality home improvement products and services.
As an affiliate, you have the opportunity to generate additional revenue on more than 500,000 products in literally hundreds of categories.
The only products and services excluded from the Home Depot affiliate program are gift cards, installation services, custom created products, select special orders, and (of course) in-store purchases.
Qualifying Product Categories Include:
- Baths & Faucets
- Building Materials
- Home Décor
- Outdoor Living
- Lawn & Garden
- & More
Pros And Cons Of The Home Depot Affiliate Program
- Solid commission rate of up to 8% per sale (highest commissions are on select home décor products)
- The program is free to join (thru the Impact platform)
- Over 500,000 products and services to sell
- Nice set of creatives provided
- Home Depot has a stellar reputation that buyers trust
- High-priced appliances only pay a 1% commission rate
- You do need a website to promote Home Depot
- You can only promote to buyers in the continental US, with a few exceptions in Hawaii and Alaska
- There is a $100 threshold (minimum) to get paid
- Payments go out monthly instead of weekly
Should You Join The Depot Affiliate Program?
When people who make America home think about doing home improvement projects, the first place most turn to is the Home Depot.
But does that mean you should promote the Home Depot affiliate program?
I guess it depends.
If you promote home decor products and lower end home improvement items, the 8% commission rate they pay is more than fair.
But if promoting higher-ticket home improvement products is your thing, you can find a better rate than Home Depot’s 1% commission rate on those products elsewhere.
The Home Depot affiliate program offers you the chance to partner with the largest selection of home improvement products and services in the US.
If you promote as an affiliate in the home improvement niche, Home Depot is a great choice for you.
But only if you promote their products that qualify for their top-shelf 8% commission rate.
And there are more than 50,000 high-quality products that meet that criteria.
Home Depot Affiliate Program Q&A
Q: If I have a website located outside of the US, can I join the Home Depot affiliate program?
A: Yes, but Home Depot only ships inside the continental U.S and a limited selection of products can ship to Alaska and Hawaii.
Q: Does Home Depot provide marketing tools to their affiliates?
A: Yes. They provide a daily product data feed of top sellers along with a wide variety of promotional banner ads and text links. Plus affiliates get prompt and professional support.
Q: Does Home Depot manage their affiliate program in-house?
A: No. The Home Depot referral program is managed by the Impact affiliate network.
Q: Who’s affiliate program competes with Home Depot affiliate program?
A: The Wayfair program matches up well.
Home Depot Alternatives
Walmart has an affiliate program that competes with the Home Depot.
The Nike Affiliate Program United States has mostly sports-related shoes, clothing, and sporting accessories. Their pricing is higher than SHEIN, but is still a good alternative if you promote in the fashion vertical.
Like Nike, Adidas affiliates make money selling high end shoes and clothing for sports.
The popular Amazon Affiliate Alternatives has an even larger selection of clothing and just about everything else that is for sale online.
The Target affiliate program allows you to promote fashion items that are on the lower end of the pricing model, just like SHEIN. How To Become A Target Affiliate
The BestBuy Affiliate Program specializes in electronics and tech-toys.
Sephora offers high-end beauty products and has a nice affiliate program. Sephora Affiliate Program Review
The eBay Affiliate Program offers an enormous variety of unique products you can promote.
Apple obviously needs no introduction. Promote their top quality electronics. How To Become An Apple Affiliate
Affiliate Program Farfetch allows you to sell luxury fashion items online
The SHEIN affiliate program allows you to make money on global fashion and lifestyle products. How To Become A SHEIN Affiliate