Target Affiliate Program Reviewed
The Target affiliate program offers you a great alternative to Amazon if you like offering a wide selection of competitively priced products on your website.
Everybody loves Target.
I know I do, and have been shopping at Target for over four decades now. Way back then, it was named Dayton-Hudson.
Target is presently the eighth largest retailer in the United States. Their eCommerce platform, Target.com, was originally a partnership with Amazon but have since ended that relationship to create their own online identity.
Their affiliate program allows people to promote their products on their own website for a share of the profits when a sale is made. Target does the product fulfillment, delivery and all customer service duties.
All you do as an affiliate is sell, then collect your commissions.
Target approves affiliate marketers who run a family-friendly website and who follow the common sense rules set forth in the program.
Affiliates can operate outside of the United States, as long as their content targets (no pun intended) the US market and Impact Radius serves.
As an affiliate, you may use text-links, widgets, banner ads and other creatives on your website or any other platform where you would like to promote their affiliate program.
Target allows you to use images and content from their website to promote as long as all of the content used is attributed to their website using affiliate links.
Table of Contents
- Target Affiliate Program Reviewed
- How Does The Target Affiliate Program Work?
- Target Affiliate Program Highlights
- Target Affiliate Commission Rates:
- What Products Can You Promote On The Target Website?
- Pros And Cons Of The Target Affiliate Program
- How Does Target’s Program Compare To Amazon Associates?
- How Much Money Can You Make As A Target Affiliate?
- Should You Join the Target Affiliate Program?
- Target Affiliate Commission Rates:
How Does The Target Affiliate Program Work?
Target is partnered with the very reputable Impact Radius platform for tracking, reporting, creative delivery and payouts. Once you join their program, you’ll be allowed to earn commissions on sales you refer to Target.com using individually tracked links on your websites, emails and banner ads.
When someone clicks on one of your tracking links and visits Target.com, that visitor is credited to you for a 7 day ‘cookie’ period until they place an order. If and when an order is placed by one of your credited visitors within that time frame, you’ll receive a commission for the order. The amount of the commission is determined by product category and that schedule is posted a little further down this page.
By joining this program, you’ll be partnering with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the United States. Shoppers who visit target.com find an enormous selection of products (over 1 million) at the low prices combined with exciting new promotions each and every week.
Plus, you may be surprised to learn that Target also offers popular services such as product subscriptions, wedding, baby and college registries gift cards and the Target REDcard which enables 5% off of purchases and free shipping every day.
Target always has something for everyone and their website is no different. Their instant brand recognition, regular discounts, and weekly affiliate newsletters will provide you the affiliate marketers with all of the tools you need to be a successful.
Target Affiliate Program Highlights
- A weekly newsletter with updates on promotions, sales contests and other opportunities
- A huge selection of products that are priced competitively low
- Earn commissions up to 8% on several popular categories
- Dedicated & professional program management
- 7 day cookie
Target Affiliate Commission Rates:
Commission rates earned through this affiliate program are divided by category (see chart below). It’s a volume based system that rewards those that sell the most goods each month with higher payouts.
The 4 categories are as follows:
Home & Outdoor Living: Earn 5-8% commissions
Apparel & Accessories: Earn 5-8% commissions
Baby Gear & Furniture: Earn 3-5% commissions
Health & Beauty: Earn a flat 1% commissions
What Products Can You Promote On The Target Website?
– Storage & organization
– Patio & grill
– Accessories home outdoor living
– Trim a tree
– Candles and scrapbooking
– Collection bedding
– Basic bedding
– Decorative accessories
– Soft decor
– Small appliances
– Lighting and wall decor
– School and office supplies
– Lawn & garden
– Kids home
– Baby gear furniture
– Women’s woven tops/ dresses
– Women’s knits
– Video games
– Fine jewelry
– Maternity gear
– Infant/toddler girl
– Infant/toddler boys
– Sporting goods
– Men’s essentials
– Health beauty
– Personal care
– Hair care
– Skin & bath
– Vinyard Vines
Pros And Cons Of The Target Affiliate Program
- Free To Join: And getting started is so easy.
- All The Creatives You Need: Banners, images, snippets and other tools you expect to find as an affiliate
- Dedicated Support: You’ll have access to a management team dedicated to affiliates so you’ll get your questions answered promptly and professionally
- Huge Product Selection: Target sells over a million different products and makes many of those available to you as an affiliate
- Seven Day Tracking Cookies: You’ll get paid on the first order and any subsequent purchase made by that customer within seven days
- Rock Solid Reputation: Target is a trusted brand that consumers like doing business with
- Favorable terms compared to Amazon Associates: Target offers higher commissions then their primary online competitor since Amazon changed their commission rate structure.
- Only Four Product Categories: For the number of products they carry, you would expect they would broaden the category offerings
- Relatively Low Commission Payouts: Compared to other high paying affiliate programs and networks on this website
- Targets Only The US Market: You can be an affiliate outside of the US, but your website must cater to US buyers
- You Need To Sell A Lot Of Products To High Commissions: To qualify for the highest payouts, you must do a lot of volume each month
How Does Target’s Program Compare To Amazon Associates?
Target Affiliate Program
Commission Rates: Volume-based ranging typically from 1%-8% depending upon category & product type
Cookies: 7 days
Product Selection: Four primary categories of products only
Audience: United States only. However, you may participate outside of U.S.A. if your website targets the U.S. market
Program Management: Impact Radius
Amazon Associates Program
Commission Rates: Volume-based ranging typically from 1%-8% (up to 10%) depending upon category/type/market
Cookies: 24 hours
Product Selection: Literally millions of products to choose from
Audience: 11 different international storefronts: Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, United Kingdom & United States
Program Management: Amazon Associates (in house)
How Much Money Can You Make As A Target Affiliate?
Q: Can I make $1,000 per month as a Target affiliate marketer?
A: Yes. There are no limitations on the amount of money you can earn as an affiliate. To make maximum profits, it’s beneficial to know the product commission rate structure to know which products to promote.
What makes affiliate marketing great is that there is literally no cap on the amount of money you can make. It is a performance-based model
Some of the highest performing affiliate marketers, that promote Target and other brands online, make millions of dollars each year.
Affiliate marketing continues to become more competitive, but the opportunity for earning a high income is always there for you.
And getting started is easy.
Should You Join the Target Affiliate Program?
This affiliate program is solid and is a perfect fit for family friendly websites.
While the commission rates aren’t large, you’ll be partnering with a very reputable company that sells quality products so you should expect very few returns and chargebacks.
Target Affiliate Program Conclusion:
If you’re looking to boost your website’s credibility and provide yourself for a passive income selling quality products with a low refund rate, Target is a great choice.
The commission rate structure isn’t the highest, but you can still make plenty of income across the board.
While you won’t get the vast product selection you’ll get with Amazon Associates, you will get great support, a generous 7 day cookie and all the creatives you need to help you succeed.
Get started today by clicking the red button below:
Target Affiliate Program Review Q&A:
Does Target have affiliate program?
Yes, they do. You can sign up today and start making money referring buyers to Target. Target partners with the Impact Radius platform who performs reporting, tracking and affiliate payments.
How does the Target affiliate program work?
When someone clicks on one of your tracking links and visits Target.com, that visitor is credited to you for a 7 day ‘cookie’ period until they place an order. If and when an order is placed by one of your credited visitors within that time frame, you earn a commission for the order. The amount of the commission is determined by product category and that commission rate schedule is posted on this page.
Who can participate as a Target affiliate?
Anybody who has a website that is family friendly and has primarily US-based visitors is eligible to join the Target program, subject to the program’s terms and conditions.
Can websites outside the U.S.A. promote the Target affiliate program?
Yes. They accept affiliates from anywhere in the world, as long as Impact Radius (whom administers the program) supports your country of residence and your content is directed primarily toward the US market.
What is the highest paying affiliate program?
The Highest Paying Affiliate Marketing Programs include:
- Internet Profits Partners
- WP Engine
- MasterMind: Knowledge Business Blueprint
- Liquid Web
- Villiers Jet Travel
Where can I promote my affiliate program?
You can promote your affiliate program from your own website, by email or by social media platforms to name a few. You can share your affiliate link through banner ads or text links within a review or article. The key is to know the rules of the program and the platform you are promoting from and never ever SPAM anyone. Once you get a bad reputation online, it’s very difficult to get it back.