Sephora Affiliate Program Reviewed 2023
Updated: June 5, 2023 by Bill Burniece
The Sephora affiliate program offers you the opportunity to make easy passive income on hot-selling beauty and personal care products.
In this Sephora affiliate program review, I’ll take an in-depth look at the benefits of this program and present them to you, so you can decide if it’s a good program for you to promote.
Here is my 23 step editorial review process.
As an affiliate for the Sephora platform, you can earn up to 10% commissions on sales by customers you refer to their website.
Sephora sells more than 13,000 top-quality products, making it one of the top beauty affiliate programs in the world to promote.
Sephora offers more than 200 high-end brands from iconic luxury brand names, to niche interest products, to their own line – the Sephora Collection.
Who Is Sephora?
Sephora operates more than 2,700 stores in 35 countries worldwide, with a growing base of 500+ stores across America, and a very robust ecommerce site that sells their merchandise online.
Since they got their start in 1998 in New York’s SoHo neighborhood, Sephora has been expanding their operation at a fast rate while leading in areas of diversity, inclusivity, and empowerment.
How About Pedigree?
Sephora is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the world’s leading luxury goods group.
Sephora was founded in France by Dominique Mandonnaud back in 1970.
Sephora has exclusive brands including Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez and Fenty Beauty by Rihanna.
Sephora At Kohl’s.
If you have a Kohl’s store in your town, you have probably noticed Sephora branding in and on the outside of the building.
Table of Contents
- Sephora Affiliate Program Reviewed 2023
- Who Is Sephora?
- The Sephora Affiliate Program
- Sephora Affiliate Program Sign Up Process
- What Products You Can Promote
- Tips For Promoting Sephora Affiliate Program Products
- How To Make $1,500 Per Month With Sephora
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Starting Promoting The Sephora Affiliate Program
- Pros And Cons Of The Sephora Affiliate Program
- Sephora Affiliates Q&A
- Alternatives To The Sephora Affiliate Program
This new long-term partnership between one of the largest retail stores and the leading global specialty beauty retailer is a monster.
The Kohl’s collaboration also spells the end of Sephora’s partnership with JCPennys.
In addition to these high-end partnerships, Sephora has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers four years in a row (2018-2021).
Three of those years, from 2019-2021, Sephora scored 100% on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Quality Index, the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies and practices pertinent to LGBTQ+ employees.
The Sephora Affiliate Program
The Sephora affiliate program allows digital marketers including bloggers, reviewers, influencers, and other website publishers to make income be referring customers directly to the Sephora website platform.
How It Works:
- As an affiliate your job is to promote Sephora products on your website, social platforms, or on other channels using your unique affiliate link
- When a potential customer clicks on your links you are credited as the referring affiliate
- When the customer orders merchandise from Sephora you will earn up to 10% commissions
- Tracking cookies last one day (24 hours)
The Benefits Of Being A Sephora Affiliate:
- Earn commission on all of their products, without any brand restrictions
- Every order includes free shipping over $50 & free samples
- You’ll get exclusive newsletters and product sneak peeks before anyone else
- Sephora will providey ou with exciting promotions, banners, and creative to use
- You’ll receive affiliate-only special offers and promotions
- The Sephora affiliate program is free to join
Sephora Affiliate Program Sign Up Process
- Sephora is partnered with the Rakuten affiliate network who administers the program
- Click here to land on the Sephora affiliate program information page
- On that page click the blue link towards the bottom of the page
- If you are already signed up with Rakuten, just sign in then sign up to promote Sephora
- If you are new to Rakuten, simple complete the application form. It’s free to join Rakuten too
What Products You Can Promote
Sephora affiliates can earn revenue by promoting more than 13,000 top-quality products represented by over 200 of the most coveted brands.
Some of the most popular product categories include makeup, skin care, bath & body, fragrance, hair, tools & brushes, and gift packages.
You can also promote Sephora products by brand, price, and size.
Tips For Promoting Sephora Affiliate Program Products
- Use automation tools to increase your efficiency. All of Sephora’s top performing affiliate marketers use affiliate automation tools to save time and effort. If you are not using these tools, you are working too hard
- Do what your competitors refuse to do for their customers. How about making yourself available to them personally to answer any beauty product questions they might have
- Become the go-to person on all things Sephora-related
- Know your numbers. Use the Rakuten dashboard analytics to test, track, and adjust your marketing to improve your conversions and boost your production
- Build an email list of people interested in Sephora beauty products and online shopping
- When you start putting up big numbers, watch out for lazy competitors who will steal your content and your strategies. Always anticipate this and stay a step ahead of them
- Always take care of your Sephora buyers. If you ever lose trust, you will ruin your online reputation and that is nearly impossible to overcome.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people who have similar goals to your own. Make allies and do joint ventures with the competitors whom you like. They can be enemies or allies. Make the smart choice
- Don’t sell any Sephora products online, or any other products for that matter, that you don’t believe in yourself. To be an effective Sephora partner, you should be honest about your positive experience with their products
How To Make $1,500 Per Month With Sephora
Let me start by telling you that making $1,500+ per month by promoting a single affiliate program is not easy.
It takes time and consistent effort to scale your business to monthly four-figure levels.
With Sephora, you will have unlimited earning potential and no brand restrictions to stop you.
The key to making at least $1,500 per month as an affiliate for Sephora is to focus on promoting the higher ticket items they offer.
And they have plenty of high ticket beauty products to choose from in the areas of makeup, skincare, fragrance, hair care, tools & brushes, bath & body, and more:
10 Reasons Why You Should Starting Promoting The Sephora Affiliate Program
- Online shoppers love Sephora and will buy from them whether you refer them or not. So why not collect easy online commissions there for the taking?
- They have a giant selection (13,000+) beauty products that you can promote.
- Sephora’s reputation is solid and that credibility increases your conversion rates
- Earn a generous commission rate of up to 10% for each referral
- You’ll get some eye-catching marketing creatives that make selling easy
- The affiliate dashboard gives you all of the data you need to dial-in your sales campaigns to increase your earnings
- Sephora has excellent affiliate support so you don’t have to wait days to get assistance
- They always pay their affiliates on time
- The Sephora affiliate program is free to join
- Affiliate newsletters to keep you update on new products including sneak-peek stuff
Pros And Cons Of The Sephora Affiliate Program
- Solid commission rate of up to 10% per sale
- The program is free to join (thru Rakuten)
- Tens of thousands of products to sell
- No annoying product restrictions
- Free shipping for orders over $50
- Free samples for buyers
- You do need a website to promote from
- Super-short cookie window of only 24 hours
- There is a $50 threshold (minimum) to get paid
- Payments go out monthly instead of weekly
The Sephora affiliate program offers you the chance to partner with the largest and most diverse selection of beauty products on the internet.
From iconic luxury brand names, to niche interest products, to their in-house Sephora Collection, there is something for everyone at Sephora.com.
By joining their affiliate program you can earn up to 10% commissions promoting more than 200 high-end brands and more than 13,000 top-quality products.
Sephora Affiliates Q&A
Q: Does Sephora have an affiliate program?
A: Yes. The Sephora affiliate program pays up to 10% on referred sales on more than 13,000 products in their store.
Q: Do I have any responsibilities by promoting the Sephora affiliate program?
A: Yes. Like all affiliate programs, there are rules you must follow in order to promote them and stay within their rules.
Q: How does the affiliate program with Sephora work?
A: You simply refer people to Sephora’s website through your unique affiliate link, and if your visitor makes a purchase within 24 hours, you will earn a commission on that sale.
Alternatives To The Sephora Affiliate Program
The Nike Affiliate Program NZ has mostly sports-related shoes, clothing, and sporting accessories.
The popular Amazon Affiliate USA has just about everything that is for sale online.
The Target Affiliate Programs allows you to promote fashion items and a ton of other products.
The Best Buy Affiliate specializes in electronics and tech-toys.
Other related affiliate programs:
Does Home Depot Have An Affiliate Program
If you have any questions please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org