Walmart Affiliate Program Review 2024
Updated: December 31, 2023 by Bill Burniece
The Walmart affiliate program offers you an alternative to Target if you like offering a wide selection of competitively priced products on your website.
But is the Walmart affiliate program legit?
I follow a complete 23 step editorial review process to form my opinions on this affiliate program.
Walmart Affiliate Program At A Glance
We’ll take a deep dive into the Walmart affiliate program below, but here is the summary:
- Free To Join: Yes
- Commission Rate: Earn 1-4% commissions
- Cookie Duration: 3 days
- Payouts: 60+ days after your sale
Everybody knows Walmart.
Some people hate Walmart, because of how badly they treat their suppliers, and never shop there.
Other people rely on their super-low prices and huge product selection.
Walmart is world’s largest company in terms of revenue with more than $570 billion in annual revenue.*
Table of Contents
- Walmart Affiliate Program Review 2024
- Walmart Affiliate Program At A Glance
- What Is The Walmart Affiliate Program?
- How Does The Walmart Affiliate Program Work?
- What Is Included In The Affiliate Membership?
- Walmart Affiliate Program Commissions
- Pros And Cons Of The Walmart Affiliate Program
- How Does Walmart’s Affiliate Program Compare To Target’s?
- Walmart Affiliate Program
- Target Affiliate Program
- How Much Money Can You Make As A Walmart Affiliate?
- Should You Join the Walmart Affiliate Program?
- Walmart Affiliate Program Sign Up
- Walmart Affiliate Program Conclusion:
- Walmart Affiliate Program Review Q&A:
What Is The Walmart Affiliate Program?
The Walmart affiliate program allows people to promote their products on their own website for a share of the profits when a sale is made.
Walmart does the product fulfillment, delivery, and all of the customer service.
All you do as an affiliate is sell, then collect your commissions.
Walmart approves affiliate marketers who run family-friendly websites and who follow the common sense rules of the program.
How Does The Walmart Affiliate Program Work?
Walmart is partnered with the very-reputable Impact Radius affiliate network for tracking, reporting, creative delivery, and payouts.
Once you join their program, you’ll be allowed to earn commissions on sales you refer to Walmart.com using individually tracked links on your websites, emails and banner ads.
When someone clicks on one of your tracking links and visits Walmart.com, that visitor is credited to you for a 3 day ‘cookie’ period until they place an order.
If and when an order is placed by one of your credited visitors within that time frame, you’ll receive a commission for the order.
Shoppers who visit walmart.com will find a huge selection of products (over 1 million) at the lowest prices and new promotions each and every week.
Walmart stores have something for everyone and their website is no different.
Their instant brand recognition, promotional discounts, and weekly affiliate newsletters will provide you the affiliate marketer with all of the tools you need to be a successful.
What Is Included In The Affiliate Membership?
- As an affiliate with Walmart, you’ll get a weekly newsletter with banners, links, and information about hot-selling products to feature on your website
- You’ll also receive access to the Affiliate Member Center, where you can customize your campaigns with additional product links, banners, and data feeds
- You’ll also have the professional support of the Walmart.com affiliate account team members, and all of the great tools on the Impact Radius platform. Walmart makes it easy for you to get the most out of the program to earn high profits
Walmart Affiliate Program Commissions
Walmart affiliate program commission rates vary depending on the categories of products that you are promoting.
The commissions range between 1-4% based on the product sale price as follows:
|Media & Gaming, Electronics, Cameras and Supplies, Wireless
|1% of item
|Toys, Books & Magazines, Seasonal, Celebration, Stationery, Sporting Goods, Automotive, Hardware & Tools/Do It Yourself, Patio and Garden, Horticulture
|3% of item sale amount
|Arts, Crafts, Sewing & Fabric, Cook and Dine, Home Decor, Bath and Shower, Bedding, Home Management, Furniture
|3% of item sale amount
|Pets and Supplies, Beauty, Baby Hardlines
|3% of item
|Mens Apparel, Baby/Toddler/Boys/Girls Apparel, Shoes, Intimate Apparel/Womens Apparel, Accessories, Jewelry
|4% of item sale amount
Pros And Cons Of The Walmart Affiliate Program
- It’s Free To Join: And getting started as an affiliate is easy. As far as I know, there is no criteria you need to meet to be accepted into the program
- Plenty Of Creatives And Tools: Banners, images, plugins, extensions, data feeds, snippets, product links, and other tools that will help you promote their products and brand
- Dedicated Support: You’ll have access to a dedicated affiliate management team so you’ll get your questions answered promptly and professionally
- Huge Product Selection: Walmart sells over a million different products and makes many of those available to you to sell as an affiliate for them
- Three Day Tracking Cookies: You’ll get paid on the first order and any subsequent purchase made by that customer within three days
- Rock Solid Reputation: Walmart is a trusted brand that consumers like doing business with. Here in the United States, 65% of consumers have shopped at Walmart at least once
- Relatively Low Commission Payouts: 1-4% commissions is low compared to other affiliate program listed on this website
- Low Conversion Rates: Many Walmart customers use their website only to research products and pricing before buying them in a physical Walmart store
- Long Payout Delay: Most affiliate programs will pay you no later than 30 or 60 days after you make a sale. Walmart pays out 60 days after the end of the month when sales are made. This can add up to a lengthy 90 days
How Does Walmart’s Affiliate Program Compare To Target’s?
Walmart Affiliate Program
Commission Rates: Commissions range from 1%-4% depending upon product type and category
Cookies: 3 days
Product Selection: Literally millions of products to choose from
Program Management: Impact Radius
Target Affiliate Program
Commission Rates: Volume-based ranging typically from 1%-8% depending upon category & product type
Cookies: 7 days
Product Selection: Four primary categories of products only
Audience: United States only. However, you may participate outside of U.S.A. if your website targets the U.S. market
Program Management: Impact Radius
How Much Money Can You Make As A Walmart Affiliate?
Q: Can I make $1,000 per month as a Walmart affiliate marketer?
A: Unlikely, but it is possible. There are no limitations on the amount of money you can earn as an affiliate. To make maximum profits, it’s beneficial to know the product commission rate chart (posted above) to know which products to promote.
What makes affiliate marketing great is that there is literally no cap on the amount of money you can make. It is a performance-based model
Some of the highest performing affiliate marketers make millions of dollars each year.
Affiliate marketing is getting more competitive each year, but the opportunity for earning a high income is always there for you.
Should You Join the Walmart Affiliate Program?
It’s your call but I believe you will make more money promoting the Target affiliate program.
But if you decide to promote Walmart anyways, you’ll be partnering with a very reputable company that sells a large variety of products and always pays on time.
Walmart Affiliate Program Sign Up
Joining the Walmart affiliate program requires 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Click on this link to get to Walmart Partner sign-up page
Once there, click the “Sign Up” button. Then complete the sign-up process
Step 2: Create content on your website that promotes Walmart products
Step 3: Earn up to 4% commissions when your visitors click on your links and buy Walmart goods
Walmart Affiliate Program Conclusion:
The Walmart affiliate program is a decent choice.
But if you value getting paid more for each referral, you are better off looking elsewhere.
The commission rate structure isn’t the highest, but you can still make plenty of income across the board.
Walmart Affiliate Program Review Q&A:
Does Walmart have an affiliate program?
Yes, they do. You can sign up today and start making up to 4% commissions by referring buyers to Walmart.
Walmart partners with the Impact Radius platform who handles all reporting, tracking, and affiliate payments.
How does the Walmart affiliate marketing program work?
They provide you with professionally designed banners and a set of useful text links every week in their affiliate newsletter. They also give you access to archived banners and newsletters for a wide selection of items to place on your site.
Plus, you can generate specific text links to anything on Walmart.com, any time you want.
Place these banners and/or text links on your Web site to let your visitors know about Walmart products.
When your visitors follow the links and banners to their site and complete a qualifying purchase, your account is credited with a commission.
Who can participate as a Walmart affiliate?
Anybody who has a website that is family friendly is eligible to join the Walmart program.
Where can I promote my affiliate program?
You can promote the affiliate program from your own website, by email, or by social media platforms to name a few.
You can share your affiliate link through banner ads or text links within a review or article.
The key is to know the terms and rules of the program and never ever SPAM anyone.
Once you get a bad reputation online, it’s very difficult to get it back.