Apple Affiliate Program Reviewed
The Apple affiliate program offers you a chance to make easy passive income on red hot audio and video products that are in high demand.
Apple the company really needs no introduction. Apple has a stellar reputation for making available only the finest quality products and services. Chances are you are rocking at least one Apple product, or using an Apple entertainment service, in your household.
If not, you’ll likely be doing so in the near future.
Apple Services Performance Partners
The Apple affiliate program is formally called the Performance Partners Program and allows you to earn commissions by placing links to popular songs, artists and albums, plus books, audiobooks, movies and television shows. There are literally millions of songs on Apple Music alone to choose from.
If you are a large, authoritative publisher and can drive a large volume of traffic to Apple Music trial sign-ups, you can apply for the Premier Partner Program where you’ll earn higher commissions, get paid quicker and gain access to advanced resources to help you earn more.
Before October 2018, the Apple affiliate program also included commissions for Mac and iOS apps sold through the App Store. Quite honestly, they ticked off a lot of loyal Apple affiliates when they eliminated that segment from their program. But its not coming back and there are still many products and services you can get paid on as an affiliate.
As the Apple Services program evolves, they are committed to rolling out new opportunities and marketing channels for all affiliates both large and small.
Apple Affiliate Program Commission Rates:
Commissions earned through the Apple program are divided by category (see chart below).
The 5 categories are as follows:
- Apple Music: Earn a one-time 100% commission
- Apple Books: Earn 7% commissions
- iTunes Music: Earn 2.5% commissions
- Movies: Earn 7% commissions
- TV: Earn 7% commissions
Pros & Cons Of The Target Affiliate Program
- All The Marketing Creatives You Need: You’ll find all of the marketing assets you’ll need to promote them as an affiliate. These assets are updated regularly to reflect new promotions and other news
- Advanced And Recently Updated Affiliate Dashboard: The back office navigation design has been simplified and updated. There’s also a new dashboard with performance metrics and other data visualizers
- Huge Product Selection: Apple has a huge selection of audio and video products available to you as an affiliate
- Rock Solid Reputation: Apple is a very trusted brand that consumers like buying from
- You Can No Longer Make Money With Mac & iOS Apps Sold Through The App Store: This affiliate segment was discontinued October 2018
- Relatively Low Commission Payouts: Compared to other high paying affiliate programs and networks on this website
How Does Apple’s Affiliate Program Compare To Amazons?
Apple Affiliate Program
Commissions: Commissions range from 2.5%-7% in the iTunes music, movies, TV and books categories. And a one-time 100% commission on the first month of a user’s subscription to Apple Music
Cookies: iTunes music, movies, TV and books: 24 hours. Commissions are eligible on sales for up to 30 days after a user clicks on your Apple Music link
Product Selection: Five primary categories of products
Audience: List of countries supported listed here
Affiliate Program Management: By Impact
Amazon Associates Program
Commissions: Volume-based ranging typically from 1%-8% (up to 10%) depending upon category/type/market
Cookies: 24 hours
Product Selection: Literally millions of products to choose from
Audience: 11 different international storefronts: Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, United Kingdom & United States
Affiliate Program Management: In-house
Apple Affiliate Program Conclusion:
The Apple affiliate program (Performance Partners) is a great way to earn easy passive income referring others to in-demand songs, artists, albums, books, movies, audiobooks and television shows. The Apple brand sells itself which is half the battle in online marketing.
Related Post: Target Affiliate Program