Amazon Affiliate Program Reviewed
The Amazon affiliate program has a long and interesting history. On this page we’ll examine the origin, evolution, payouts, benefits and drawbacks of this popular marketing program.
The Amazon affiliate program is an absolutely huge. Amazon’s valuation topped an amazing trillion dollars in July of 2019 making them the most valuable company in the world. Even larger than the only other trillion dollar company: Apple. Amazon’s net income more than tripled from $3 billion in 2017 to over $10 billion in 2018
Amazon is the largest online retailer in the world by a long shot. This type of scale makes the Amazon affiliate program attractive to small businesses and marketers, and makes Amazon associates and each Amazon affiliate part of a global marketplace.
What Is The Amazon Affiliate Program?
The Amazon affiliate program, called Amazon Associates, is one of the largest affiliate networks in the world that helps website owners (publishers) monetize their traffic.
The program is free to join and simple to use. As an associate, you’ll be able to earn commissions when one of your website visitors clicks on your links and completes a purchase on the Amazon platform. You will be able to earn advertising fees from qualifying purchases, along with the products that you advertised.
History Of The Amazon Affiliate Program
Amazon was the first company to make an affiliate marketing program available to the general public. Amazingly, it was launched way back in 1996.
Their model of affiliate marketing opened the doors to other affiliate companies who jumped into the market once they realized the potential of this untouched market segment.
Amazon Associates Program Highlights
- Earn commissions up to 10% in several popular categories
- Easy to join and free to get started
- A huge selection of products that you can make commissions on
- One of the most trusted store platforms in the world
- A resource center for affiliates to learn how to make more money with Amazon (tips and training for both beginners and advanced affiliates)
Amazon Associates Commission Rates:
Amazon affiliate commission rates range from 1-10% of the item’s selling price. The percentages are determined by the category the item is listed under on Amazon.
Here is how it all breaks down:
Pros & Cons Of The Amazon Affiliate Program
- Excellent Creatives: The Site Stripe toolbar allows you to easily add links and for a quick view of your earnings. You’ll also get banners, images, product links, product advertising API and other cool tools
- Complete Reporting Tools: That detail your orders, earnings, referrals, payment history, daily trends and more
- Enormous Product Selection: Amazon has literally millions of products to choose from
- Stellar Reputation: Amazon is one of the most recognizable brands in the world. People love the selection and convenience of shopping online on their website
- Amazon Affiliate Resource Center: This is a really great feature. Here you’ll find in-depth tutorials, articles and tips created by members of both the Amazon Associates community and the Amazon Associates team. The Resource Center will help you make more money on your website or blog, improve its visibility and provide tips on using some of the great tools available on Associates Central.
- Low Commission Payouts: Compared to other high paying affiliate programs and networks on this website
- Short 24 Hour Cookie: You only get a 24-hour window to earn a commission for the products your website visitors purchase
How To Become An Amazon Affiliate
Step 1: Sign in or sign up to Amazon
Step 2: Enter you personal information to get paid
Step 3: Complete the Profile section of the application:
Step 4: Start using Associates Central
Amazon’s Affiliate Program Summary
Amazon Associates Program
Commissions: Volume-based ranging typically from 1%-8% (up to 10%) depending upon category/type/market
Cookies: 24 hours
Product Selection: Literally millions of products to choose from
Audience: 11 different international storefronts: Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, United Kingdom & United States
Affiliate Program Management: In-house
Amazon Affiliate Program Conclusion:
Despite the relativity low commission rate. Amazon Associates offers a great way to earn passive income online by selling high demand products that people love to buy.
My own preference is to sell big-ticket, high commission products and services online. After all, that’s what this website is all about.
But if you’re just getting started, Amazon’s affiliate program is a great way to learn the affiliate marketing business while you earn a nice passive income.