Ulta Affiliate Program Review 2024
Updated: January 11, 2024 by Bill Burniece
Ulta is one the best beauty companies in the world.
In this Ulta affiliate program review, I’ll share with you everything you need to know to promote Ulta online.
I will also let you know if this is a legit program to promote online.
Oh, and if you’re new to affiliate marketing, you can learn the business with my free beginners course located here.
In short, affiliate program allows you to promote other company’s products on your own digital properties for a share of the profits when a sale is made through your personal affiliate links.
The company handles all of the product fulfillment, delivery, and customer service for you. All you do as an affiliate is sell their products, then collect your earned commissions.
Ulta Affiliate Program At A Glance
We’ll go in depth about the Ulta affiliate program below, but here is the summary:
- Free To Join: Yes
- Commission Rate: 2%
- Special Offers To Affiliates: Yes
- Affiliate Tools: Yes, they are provided
Table of Contents
- Ulta Affiliate Program Review 2024
- Ulta Affiliate Program At A Glance
- What Is Ulta?
- How Much Does The Ulta Affiliate Program Pay?
- What Ulta Beauty Products Can You Promote?
- How To Become An Affiliate For Ulta
- Who Qualifies?
- Promotional Benefits
- Ulta Beauty & IPSY Influencers
- How To Make Money With The Ulta Affiliate Program
- Pros And Cons For Ulta Affiliates
- Ulta Affiliate Program Alternatives
- Let’s Wrap It Up
What Is Ulta?
Ulta Beauty is currently the largest beauty retailer in the United States that creates skin care products, cosmetics, fragrance, hair care products, salon services, and more.
Ulta Beauty, founded and still based in Bolingbrook, IL, has been in business more than thirty years ago.
Ulta carries over 500 well-known beauty brands including Smashbox, Benefit Cosmetics, bareMinerals, Pattern, Essie Too Faced, Tarte, CHI and others.
They have more than 1,200 locations with at least one in each of the 50 states.
Ulta has won an impressive numbers of awards over the years including:
- Forbes Best Large Employers (2021)
- Forbes Best Employers for Diversity (2021)
- Forbes Best Employers for Women (2021)
- Diversity Inc Noteworthy Companies for Diversity (2021)
- Fast Company Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Retail (2021)
How Much Does The Ulta Affiliate Program Pay?
The commission rate for Ulta’s affiliate program is disappointing 2-5%. This is below the rates of their competitors
Here is how that rate compares with other beauty affiliate programs:
- Herbivore: 20% commissions
- Cult Beauty: Up to 15% commissions
- Dermava: 11% commissions
- Sephora: 10% commissions
- Integrity Botanicals: 10% commissions
- Credo: 10% commissions
- Strawberrynet: 8% commissions
What Ulta Beauty Products Can You Promote?
As their affiliate you can promote more than 500 beauty products from all of the leading brands.
Categories include: Makeup, Skin Care, Hair Care, Body Care, Fragrances, Tools & Brushes, and more.
They also have sections for Trending Products, New Arrivals, Luxury Beauty, Ulta Beauty Collection Items, Gifts & Value Sets, Travel Size & Mini, Men’s Care, and Gift Cards.
How To Become An Affiliate For Ulta
Signing up for the Ulta affiliate program is easy.
- Click here to access the sign-up page. Ulta is partnered with the Impact affiliate network who manages their program
- Complete the form and follow the instructions
As far as I know, anyone can qualify to promote the Ulta affiliate program.
The application will need you to provide basic information such as your name, address, website url, and payout information.
There is no mention of qualifying factors such as the number of visitors to your website each month.
- Everyday free shipping offers
- Exclusive free gifts with qualifying purchases
- Buy one, get one free promotions
- Online coupon codes
- Affiliate special offers
Plus affiliates are provided promotional tools such as banner ads and other marketing material to help you promote their beauty products.
Ulta Beauty & IPSY Influencers
How To Make Money With The Ulta Affiliate Program
You can use a number of different methods to promote the Ulta affiliate program online.
In all fairness, it helps to be an influencer in the beauty market with a large (or even better, a HUGE) audience. They’re the ones who make the most money with this program.
Here are some tips you can use to make more money through Ulta Affiliate Program:
1. Blogging: If you have a blog that is related to beauty or health topics, you can promote Ulta products by sharing related content or reviewing their products.
2. Social Media: If you have a social media presence you can share content about Ulta products and include beauty tips and product suggestions.
3. Paid Ads: With the commissions margins so low with this program I would highly advise against this, but it can work.
Pros And Cons For Ulta Affiliates
- Plenty of great products to promote including the most popular brands
- Some high-ticket products to sell
- Ulta is a popular destination and has strong brand recognition
- Solid tools and creatives for affiliates
- Disappointingly low commissions rates compared to other affiliate programs
- Influencers make the lions-share of money in this type of vertical (health & beauty)
Ulta Affiliate Program Alternatives
Many other beauty companies pay higher affiliate commissions compared to Ulta:
1. Sephora: Sephora is a large global retailer of personal care and beauty products with nearly 340 brands, along with its own private label – called the Sephora Collection. They sell a huge selection of beauty products and pay affiliate commissions of 10%.
2. Target: Target is an enormous retailer with stores in all 50 U.S. states with more than 2,000 stores. They carry many beauty products and pay affiliates commissions of 5%.
3. Walmart: Walmart is another US-based discount store and one of the largest corporations in the global retail industry. They also carry beauty products and pay up to 4% commissions.
4. Herbivore: Herbivore Botanicals is a Seattle-based company selling natural beauty products. They pay out 20% affiliate commissions.
5. Cult Beauty: Cult Beauty was established in 2008 with the aim to simplify hair and beauty retail online. They have since expanded into other beauty areas within the industry. They pay commissions up to 15%.
6. Dermava: Dermava is committed to providing the best professional skincare products for every skin type. They pay 11% commissions to their affiliates.
You’ll find these alternatives and many more beauty affiliate programs on this page: Best beauty affiliate programs
Let’s Wrap It Up
While Ulta is a fine company, their affiliate program commission rate is a little too stingy in my opinion.
You would be better served to promote other beauty brands that pay out higher commissions.