Chewy Affiliate Program Reviewed 2023
Updated: October 17, 2023 by Bill Burniece
The Chewy affiliate program offers you the opportunity to make easy passive income promoting hot-selling pet food and pet care products by a big player in the industry.
Chewy Affiliate Program At A Glance
We’ll take a deep-dive into the Chewy affiliate program below, but here is the summary:
- Free To Join: Yes
- Commission Rate: 4%
- Cookie Duration: 15 days
- Payouts: Affiliates are paid commissions monthly
In this Chewy affiliate program review, I’ll take an in-depth look at the benefits of this program and present them to you, so you can decide if it’s a good program for you to promote.
Here is my complete 23 step editorial review process.
As an affiliate for Chewy, you will earn 4% commissions on sales by customers you refer to their website.
Chewy is a popular pet retailer and their program is one of the top pet affiliate programs in the pet market.
Table of Contents
- Chewy Affiliate Program Reviewed 2023
- Chewy Affiliate Program At A Glance
- What Is Chewy?
- Chewy Affiliate Program Benefits
- How To Join The Chewy Affiliate Program
- Tips For Promoting Chewy Products Online
- What Products Can You Promote With Chewy?
- Other Chewy Products You Can Promote
- Pros & Cons
- Chewy Affiliates Q&A
- Alternatives To The Chewy Affiliate Program
What Is Chewy?
Chewy is a giant food retailer based in Plantation, Florida.
Originally doing business as Mr. Chewy, the company has annual revenue of around $26 million.
Chewy is passionate about pets, pet health, and pet parents.
They prove their passion and commitment by by making themselves available 24/7 by phone call, chat, email, or social media message.
- They also have an iron-clad 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy on every order
- They have more than 20,000 team members working for them
- They carry more than 3,500 brands of pet products
- Their warehouse space exceeds 9,000,000 square feet ensuring that the products customers need are always in stock
Chewy Affiliate Program Benefits
- The Chewy affiliate program is absolutely free to join
- You will earn a 4% commissions on both new and existing Chewy customer orders
- You’ll receive one-on-one dedicated support from their in-house affiliate team
- Chewy stocks more than 2,000 brands of popular pet supplies that you can sell
- You’ll get regular newsletters to keep you posted on any affiliate program news, insights, opportunities, and trends
How To Join The Chewy Affiliate Program
- Chewy has teamed up with the Partnerize affiliate network who administers the program
- Click here to land on the Chewy affiliate program sign-up page on Parnerize
- If you are already signed up with Partnerize, just sign in to Partnerize then apply with Chewy
- If you are new to Partnerize, simply complete the application form first
Tips For Promoting Chewy Products Online
- Create A Pet-Related Website: You will need a website or blog to promote Chewy. My suggestion is to create fun, value-driven content on the pet(s) that you are writing about and keep your audience engaged
- Build An Email List: Offer something of value to your audience in exchange for their email address and permission to email them. Email marketing delivers the highest ROI if done the right way
- Set Up Social Media Channels: Promote Chewy pet products on FaceBook, X, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media sites with links back to your primary website
- Use Automation Tools: Automation tools and software increase your efficiency. All of Chewy’s top performing affiliates use automation tools to save time and effort. If you are not using these tools, you are working way too hard
- Become The Authority On The Pets You Write About: Always be learning and sharing your knowledge to become the go-to person in your niche
- Know your numbers: Use third-party tools and your affiliate dashboard analytics to test, track, and adjust your marketing to improve your conversions and boost your production
What Products Can You Promote With Chewy?
Dog food: Wet and dry, veterinary diet, premium blends, plus fresh and prepared meals
Dog treats: Soft and chewy, dental treats, biscuits, cookies & crunchy treats, bones, bully sticks & natural chews, plus training treats
Dog supplies: Toys, healthcare, vitamins & supplements, cleaning & potty, crates, pens & gates, beds, leashes, collars & harnesses, bowls & feeders, grooming, flea & tick, plus clothing & accessories
Cat food: Wet and dry, veterinary diet, premium food, plus food toppings
Cat litter & accessories: Litter, litter boxes, bags and accessories, waste disposal, cleaners & deodorizers
Cat supplies: Treats, toys, healthcare, vitamins & supplements, flea & tick, cat tech & smart home, bowls & feeders, beds, trees, condos & scratchers, carriers & travel,
leashes, and collars & harnesses
By fish type: Betta fish shop, tropical freshwater shop, saltwater fish shop
goldfish shop, pond shop
Water care: Water conditioners, algaecides & water clarity, water test kits, pH treatments, and plant care
Fish supplies: Food & treats, tanks & aquarium kits, aquarium substrates, gravel & sand, décor, filters & media, water care, cleaners & pumps, heaters & thermometers, lighting, health & wellness, and feeders
Shop by bird: Cockatiel, Parakeet, Parrot, wild bird, Canary & finch, Cockatoo, Conure, Duck, Lovebird, Chicken, African Grey, and more
Bird supplies: Bird food, treats, cages & accessories, feeders & waterers, litter & nesting, perches & toys, grooming & health, gifts and books
Other Chewy Products You Can Promote
Small Pets products: They also carry pet products of all type for rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters, rats, gerbils, ferrets, mice, degus, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, and more.
If that’s not enough, they also have a wide variety of products for reptiles, farm animals, horses, and even pet parents.
Pros & Cons
- Chewy has a great reputation that pet owners trust
- The program is free to join (thru the Partnerize network)
- There are literally thousands of products and brands that you can sell
- The cookie window is above average for the pet products niche
- Excellent individual support when you need help
- Relatively low commissions rate of 4%
- You need a website to qualify and they don’t approve everyone
- There is a $50 threshold (minimum) to get paid
- US-shipping only which limits your target audience
- No WordPress plugin for up-to-date active sales items
The Chewy affiliate program offers you the chance to partner with one of the largest and most respected pet health brands in the market.
If you are in the pet niche, promoting the Chewy program is essential.
The commission rate of 4% is low, but you can make that up in high volume because of their customer brand loyalty.
Chewy Affiliates Q&A
Q: Who qualifies to promote the Chewy affiliate program?
A: The Chewy affiliate program is free and open for anyone to join. You will however need a website to promote Chewy.
The program is open to affiliates who use different partner models and mediums, but they make the final call about who qualifies on a case-by-case basis.
Q: Do I have any responsibilities by promoting the Chewy affiliate program?
A: Yes. Like all affiliate programs, there are rules you must follow in order to continue to promote them.
Q: When do I get paid?
A: When you sign up for Chewy’s affiliate program, you will have to provide your bank details.
The Partnerize affiliate network will transfer commissions to you monthly, either directly to your account or through a check in the mail.
You are responsible for any taxes associated with commission fees.