Canva Affiliate Program Reviewed 2023
Updated: October 23, 2023 by Bill Burniece
The Canva affiliate program allows you to earn income promoting the Canva Pro Plan.
In this Canva affiliate program review, I’ll explain what the program is, how it works, and how much you can earn so you can decide if the this is a good affiliate program for you to promote.
Here is my detailed editorial review process.
What Is Canva?
Canva is an online graphic design platform that is used to create presentations, social media graphics, videos, posters, logos, and more.
The platform is free to use.
But there is also a pro plan that does cost money. Their affiliate program pays you for promoting this option.
Canva is in competition with Microsoft and Google in the very competitive office software market.
Table of Contents
- Canva Affiliate Program Reviewed 2023
- What Is Canva?
- Does Canva Have An Affiliate Program?
- Canva Affiliate Program Payout & Terms
- What Canva Products Can You Promote?
- Why Upgrade To The Canva Pro Plan?
- What Are The Canva Affiliate Program Requirements?
- Pros and Cons of Canva Affiliate Program
- How To Join The Canva Affiliate Program
Does Canva Have An Affiliate Program?
Update: October 2023:
The Canva affiliate program has been replaced and rebranded by a new affiliate program called Empower Canvassador.
The new program is targeted toward serious content-creators.
You can get all of the details of the new program here:
In short, Empower Canvassadors are skilled Canva users who are good at simplifying complex tasks on the Canva platform.
To participate in the new program, they must create tutorials, courses, and workshops that make it easy for others to use Canva products and features.
Canva Affiliate Program Payout & Terms
Here is a quick summar of the Canva affiliate program:
- Payout: Earn $36 on each sale of the Canva Pro Plan
- Cookie Duration: 30 days
- Cost: Free to join
- Promotional Tools: Several creatives and other assets are available
- Management: Program is managed by the Impact affiliate network
What Canva Products Can You Promote?
What does the Canva Pro Plan include?
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Unlimited access to premium templates and 100+ million premium stock photos, videos, audio clips, graphics, and more
- Logos, colors, and fonts with up to 100 Brand Kits to establish brand a professional visual identity
- More than 100 design types including social media posts, letters, presentations, and more
- Resize designs easily with Magic Switch
- Remove image and video backgrounds with a single click
- Full-access to Magic Studio with more than 20 AI-powered tools (Magic Write, Magic Design, Magic Edit, and many others)
- Convert presentations or whiteboards into summaries, blog posts, emails, articles, and more
- Invite others to design with you together
- Schedule social media content to 8 different platforms
- Wide range of printable products to design and have delivered
- 1TB of cloud storage
- 24/7 customer support
Why Upgrade To The Canva Pro Plan?
What Are The Canva Affiliate Program Requirements?
While there are a number of things they’re looking for in a potential affiliate partner, some of the important qualities include:
- Being an independent creator (not a brand or agency creator)
- Having a large and engaged audience
- Social media properties that are relevant to design
- Agree to follow Canva’s branding and NDA guidelines
Pros and Cons of Canva Affiliate Program
Great Product: Canva really sells itself. It’s users love using the Canva platform so the Pro Plan, while not cheap, is in high-demand.
High Conversion Rate: This goes along with what I stated above. The Canva platform is awesome and very feature-rich, which contributes to a high conversion rate for your hard-earned leads.
Cookie Duration: 30 days is plenty of time to get your referrals to pull the trigger on the Pro Plan.
Excellent Creatives: Canva provides affiliates with some really high-quality promotional materials and assets including banners, graphics, and social media content, to help marketing efforts. After all, that’s what they do.
Professional Support: Support is easy to reach and knowledgable to help you to quickly get any answers you need.
Low Payouts: The Canva affiliate program payout of $36 per sale is pretty low. You have to rack up a lot of sales for this program to lucrative income stream.
They Don’t Approve Everyone: In fact, they are really looking for the really heavy-hitting Canva power users who have a very large audience.
The Free Plan: Many of your referrals will prefer to stick with the limited free Canva plan to avoid the high cost of Pro.
How To Join The Canva Affiliate Program
As mentioned above, the Canva affiliate program is now the Empower Canvassador program.
To sign up for the new program, just click the button below and include as much information as possible to help them with their decision.
Once submitted, please allow 3-4 weeks for a response from Empower Canvassador.
If you are a diehard Canva user and have a large audience, this program is a solid choice
For affiliate marketers who only dabble with Canva, there are far better programs for you to promote.
In fact, I have more than 1,200 affiliate programs you can choose from listed on this website.