ClickBank Review 2022 – Legit or Scam?
Updated: May 12, 2022
If you have been exposed to digital marketing of any kind you have certainly heard of ClickBank.
But, is ClickBank Legit?
ClickBank has been around for 25+ years now. In that time, they have paid out more than $5 billion to their customers and affiliates.
If you are looking for stability in an affiliate platform, you won’t find a more recognizable network in the world of interwebs.
ClickBank is one of the most reputable affiliate platforms you can work with.
Table of Contents
- ClickBank Review 2022 – Legit or Scam?
- ClickBank Introduction
- What Is ClickBank?
- Is ClickBank Legit?
- How To Sign Up With ClickBank As An Affiliate
- ClickBank Products
- The ClickBank Marketplace
- Using The New Marketplace To Search For Affiliate Products
- Getting Started
- ClickBank Pros And Cons
- ClickBank Review Summary
What Is ClickBank?
Like many startups, ClickBank began in a San Diego garage in 1998 and has since grown into a $3 billion+ e-commerce mega-monster.
“The company has more than six million clients worldwide which secured it in becoming the 87th largest Internet retailer in North America.”*
In simple terms, ClickBank attracts businesses with quality products to connect with a global network of affiliate marketers who promote these products for a share of the profits.
It’s a win-win combination for both product creators and publishers.
ClickBank records more than 300,000 daily purchases of 4,000+ products.
Is ClickBank Legit?
Let’s jut get this question out of the way right now.
Yes, affiliate marketing on ClickBank is completely legit.
I know because have been promoting ClickBank products as a seller and affiliate marketer for 11 years now.
- They always pay on time
- They are easy to work with
- They don’t put up with scammy offers on their platform
- They have responsive, knowledgable, and professional customer service
Don’t just take my word for it. Aside from my own experience, there are more than 100,000 other affiliate marketers using ClickBank.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that ClickBank is totally legit.
And you can make money with ClickBank every single day.
How To Sign Up With ClickBank As An Affiliate
Signing up as an affiliate to promote ClickBank products is simple.
1. First, click over to the ClickBank home page.
2. Look for one of the blue Start Here buttons:
3. You’ll then be directed to an easy-to-follow menu that will guide you through the sign-up process:
4. Simply follow the step-by-step guide to complete the process
Sign Up Process Overview:
There are four steps to the sign-up process:
- Sign up – Enter your basic personal information and create your password
- Complete your user profile – Enter your address and preferred language
- Create your ClickBank account – Continue to follow instructions to finalize your ClickBank account
- Enter your payment information – Provide the details on how you would like to be paid and list your company or individual name and tax information
ClickBank’s focuses mostly on digital products.
However, ClickBank sellers can promote both digital and physical products including books, DVDs, fitness equipment, software, supplements, food products, and cosmetics.
Affiliate marketers have a wide variety of affiliate programs tied into these products to choose from.
ClickBank product categories include:
- Arts & Entertainment: Architecture, Art, Body Art, Dance, Fashion, Film & Television, General, Humor, Magic Tricks, Music, Photography, Radio, and Theater
- As Seen on TV: Auto, Backyard Living, General, Health and Beauty, Kitchen, and Tools and Gadgets
- Betting Systems: Casino Table Games, Football, General, Horse Racing, Poker, and Soccer
- Business/Investing: Careers, Industries & Professions, Commodities, Debt, Derivatives, Economics, Equities & Stocks, Foreign Exchange, General, International Business, Management & Leadership, Marketing & Sales, Outsourcing, Personal Finance, Real Estate, and Small Biz & Entrepreneurship
- Computers/Internet: Databases, Email Services, General, Graphics, Hardware, Networking, Operating Systems, Programming, Software, System Administration, System Analysis & Design, Web Hosting, and Web Site Design
- Cooking, Food, & Wine: Baking, BBQ, Cooking, Drinks & Beverages, General, Recipes, Regional & Intl., Special Diet, Special Occasions, Vegetables & Vegetarian, and Wine Making
- E-Business & E-Marketing: Affiliate Marketing, Article Marketing, Auctions, Banners, Blog Marketing, Classified Advertising, Consulting, Copywriting, Domains, E-commerce Operations, E-zine Strategies, Email Marketing, General, Market Research, Marketing, Niche Marketing, Paid Surveys, Pay Per Click Advertising, Promotion, SEM & SEO, Social Media Marketing, Submitters, and Video Marketing
- Education: Admissions, Educational Materials, Higher Education, K-12, Student Loans, and Test Prep & Study Guides
- Employment & Jobs: Cover Letter & Resume Guides, General, Job Listings, Job Search Guides, and Job Skills & Training
- Fiction: General
- Games: Console Guides & Repairs, General, and Strategy Guides
- Green Products: Alternative Energy, Conservation & Efficiency, and General
- Health & Fitness: Addiction, Beauty, Dental Health, Dietary Supplements, Diets & Weight Loss, Exercise & Fitness, General, Meditation, Men’s Health, Mental Health, Nutrition, Remedies, Sleep and Dreams, Spiritual Health, Strength Training, Women’s Health, and Yoga
- Home & Garden: Animal Care & Pets, Crafts & Hobbies, Entertaining, Gardening & Horticulture, General, Homebuying, How-to & Home Improvements, Interior Design, Sewing, and Weddings
- Languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Other, Russian, Sign Language, Spanish, and Thai
- Mobile: Apps, Developer Tools, General, Ringtones, Security, and Video
- Parenting & Families: Divorce, Education, Genealogy, General, Marriage, Parenting, Pregnancy & Childbirth, and Special Needs
- Politics/Current Events: General
- Reference: Automotive, Catalogs & Directories, Consumer Guides, Education, Etiquette, Gay & Lesbian, General, Law & Legal Issues, The Sciences, and Writing
- Self-Help: Abuse, Dating Guides, Eating Disorders, General, Marriage & Relationships, Motivational & Transformational, Personal Finance, Public Speaking, Self Defense, Self-Esteem, Stress Management, Success, Survival, and Time Management
- Software & Services: Anti Adware & Spyware, Background Investigations, Communications, Developer Tools, Digital Photos, Drivers, Education, Email, Foreign Exchange Investing, General, Graphic Design, Hosting, Internet Tools, MP3 & Audio, Networking, Operating Systems, Other Investment Software, Personal Finance, Productivity, Registry Cleaners, Reverse Phone Lookup, Screensavers & Wallpaper, Security, System Optimization, Utilities, Video
Web Design, and 3D Printing
- Spirituality, New Age & Alternative Beliefs: Astrology, General, Hypnosis, Magic, Numerology, Paranormal, Psychics, Religion, Tarot, and Witchcraft
- Sports: Automotive, Baseball, Basketball, Coaching, Cycling, Extreme Sports, Football, General, Golf, Hockey, Individual Sports, Martial Arts, Mountaineering, Other Team Sports, Outdoors & Nature, Racket Sports, Running, Soccer, Softball, Training, Volleyball, Water Sports, and Winter Sports
- Travel: Africa, Asia, Canada, Caribbean, Europe, General, Latin America, Middle East, Specialty Travel, and United States
As you can see from this huge list, there is a topic for any digital marketer to choose from on ClickBank.
The ClickBank Marketplace
Luckily, the ClickBank Affiliate Marketplace just received a major facelift.
Not only is the new version much nicer and professional to look at, it’s also much more functional.
Have a look:
The Old ClickBank Marketplace:
The New ClickBank Marketplace:
Using The New Marketplace To Search For Affiliate Products
Step 1: Log in to your ClickBank account.
Step 2: Click the Affiliate Marketplace tab up top.
Step 3: Use the search bar near the top of the page to search for a specific product or a product keyword.
Step 4: Review and dial in your search results using the Sort Results By dropdown menu. To the right of that you’ll find the helpful options button to sort the results from High to Low or from Low to High.
Step 5: Choose an option matching your intentions such as promote a product, contact the seller, or find out more about the listing.
Marketplace Advanced Search Options:
Step 1: Log in to your ClickBank account.
Step 2: Click the Affiliate Marketplace tab.
Step 3: Click the Advanced Search link.
Step 4: Use the search fields on the Advanced Search form to refine and tailor your search.
There are a ton of options for you to choose from here:
Search: Enter your keywords into this field.
Exclude Keywords: In this field, you can enter any word or words that you want excluded from your search. How cool is that?
All Categories: If you want to search in all of the categories, leave this dropdown as it is. If you want to search in a specific category, select it from the simple dropdown menu.
Offer Contents: Select what elements you prefer. These elements can include upsells, downsells, product types, and more.
Language: To narrow your search by a specific language, check the boxes of languages you want to include in your search results.
Billing Types: Check which billing types you want the offers (provided in the search results) to have.
Features: Check which specific features you want the offers (provided in the search results) to have.
Gravity: This is one of the most important elements of your search. Gravity refers to a ClickBank-generated performance statistic that indicates how many affiliates have successfully promoted this product.
This measurement is an approximate and relative value, with a higher score signifying more conversions. To use this statistic as a search parameter you can provide a high and/or low value you want to search between.
Avg $/Conversion: This number represents the average commission an affiliate earns for each conversion to the seller’s offer, including the earnings from all sales (initial sales, upsells, and ). To use this statistic as a search parameter you can provide a high and/or low value you want to search between.
Initial $/Conversion: This number represents the average commission an affiliate initially earns for each conversion to the seller’s offer. This value does not include rebills. To use this statistic as a search parameter you can provide a high and/or low value you want to search between.
Recurring $/Rebill: This value represents the average commission an affiliate earns for each rebill payment of the seller’s product(s). To use this statistic as a search parameter, you can provide a high or low value you want to search between.
Seller Information: You can also provide a preferred time frame for sellers that you want.
Step 5: Click Search. Note: To reset the parameters and start over, click the Reset button.
ClickBank Pros And Cons
- ClickBank has thousands of products to choose from.
- Rock-solid reputation for always paying on time.
- You can be a vendor or affiliate on ClickBank. Or both on the same platform.
- High commission payouts up to 100%.
- ClickBank has tracking software that has earned the trust of the market so you know that you won’t be ripped off
- You must live in a country that ClickBank can make a deposit to.
- The dashboard is still a little dated and clunky to use.
- ClickBank does have fees for both sellers and affiliates. No surprise here. And they are reasonable.
- Affiliates and vendors have no direct line of communication on the CB platform
ClickBank Review Summary
If you have trust issues (like I do) with some online platforms, ClickBank is one that you won’t have to worry about.
ClickBank has been around for more than 25 years, and has paid out more than $5 billion, always on time, to their affiliates and vendors.
If you are looking for a stable and solid reputation in an affiliate platform, ClickBank is a great choice for you.
Oh, they also have a great training program called Spark by ClickBank. It does cost a few bucks, but the time you will save makes it well worth it.
Well, that about wraps up my detailed ClickBank review.
The bottom line goes back to the original question: Is ClickBank legit?
The answer is a resounding yes.
I made my very first sale online using ClickBank about 11 years ago.
Now, 44,000 sales later, I still remember how I felt when I made that first online sale.
Today, I still promote ClickBank on several of my websites.
So should you.