What Are Reseller Websites?
Reseller websites are perfect for you if you want a turnkey internet marketing website that can make money for you right out of the gate – even if you have no previous online marketing experience.
A reseller website is a done-for-you website that will allow you to act as a go-between from your website visitors to the suppliers and companies providing the products and services that they need. The products and services typically break down into two main categories:
- Physical products: In this reseller model you enter into a dropshipping agreement where you sell physical products and the supplier/producer ships them directly to your customers.
- Digital services: This reseller model focuses only on digital services such as web design, social media management, app design, virtual assistant and video production – to name a few.
Best Reseller Programs
Should You Choose Physical Products Or Digital Services?
On the surface, dropshipping physical products can seem very appealing; so lets dig deeper.
Dropshipping solves the number one problem of selling somebody else’s physical products and that is the old model of pre-purchasing inventory, storing it and then shipping it to your buyer. I knew scores of people pre-internet who always had their cars parked in their driveways because their garage was filled with crap they had to resell to earn their money back. This was the basic ‘Amway model’ and not only was it was a royal pain, but most people I knew ended up consuming half of their inventory because it wouldn’t sell.
Luckily the internet has solved that problem.
But the dropshipping reseller site method still has other major obstacles today:
- Dropshipping is oversaturated with competition. An oversaturated market, combined with price flexibility, creates a race to the bottom where many marketers will sell at the lowest price possible eating into everyone’s profit margins
- If that’s not bad enough, don’t forget about the shipping expenses you’re responsible for. These can add up and further cut into your thin profit margins
- Another problem is that you lose control of the customer experience. What happens if your customer orders something that is out-of-stock, or delivered broken or if shipping takes longer than expected? These become your problems because to your customer -you were the person who sold the products to them
- Finally, there is the problem caused by returned goods. You may not know this but over 30% of online purchases are returned by buyers for whatever reason. This may lead to more shipping charges (for returns) refunded commissions and poor customer reviews
Reseller Websites For Digital Services
Reseller websites that only sell digital services is the perfect alternative to dropship sites and perfectly augments what we do in affiliate marketing. And the best part is that it has far less competition for you to deal with.
My go-to place for digital services reseller websites is resellersitepro.com
- You don’t need any experience or tech skills to run a this business
- Your business comes dedicated suppliers that do the service work for you and even comes with back-up suppliers
- The profit margins are huge and as mentioned above, unavailable outside of the Digital Services space
- The business has unlimited growth potential meaning it is easy to scale up to increase your income without a lot more time being spent
- You’ll have 12 different ‘hot’ markets to choose from (listed below) for your niche reseller website