Fuck You Money Is The Best Revenge
Updated: June 20, 2022
What Does Fuck You Money Mean?
Fuck you money is “the exact amount of money required in order to tell an individual or organization to go fuck themselves without facing repercussions.”*
It is the point of earning enough money to never have to work for anyone ever again. To basically be able to tell your boss to fuck off.
Not a bad place to be.
Now I must warn you. If you are offended by the ‘F’ word this post isn’t for you.
I recommend you get the fuck out of here now before reading further.
Table of Contents
- Fuck You Money Is The Best Revenge
- What Does Fuck You Money Mean?
- Who Coined The Phrase Fuck You Money?
- Red Buttons
- Johnny Carson
- Burt Reynolds
- John Goodman
- How Much Is Fuck You Money?
- How To Make Fuck You Money
- What Is Affiliate Marketing?
- The Benefits of Affiliate Marketing As Your FYM Engine
- What To Do When You Get There
- Let’s Wrap It Up
Who Coined The Phrase Fuck You Money?
The earliest recorded reference to the phrase, that I could find, was is a book written by Earl Wilson in 1971 “The Show Business Nobody Knows,” in which he stated the following:
“The first person I heard utter the vulgarism ‘Las Vegas fuck you money’ was Red Buttons.”
Back in the 1970’s, while doing shows in this desert town Red coined the phrase “Las Vegas fuck you money”.
“With money comes responsibility, you know, and how you handle it and what you do with it and what you make out of it. It doesn’t give you much else. It means that you have, as performers will call it fuck you money.” – Johnny Carson 1979
In the 1986 movie Heat, Burt Reynolds said, “I need fuck you money.” He put his figure at a laughable $20,000.
In the 2014 movie The Gambler, John Goodman explained the position of fuck you.
“That’s your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don’t drink. That’s all I have to say to anybody on any social level. Did your grandfather take risks?”
“I guarantee he did it from a position of fuck you. A wise man’s life is based around fuck you. The United States of America is based on fuck you.”
Yes, people actually do search for the term on Google…
How Much Is Fuck You Money?
It really depends on what your ideal lifestyle is to make sure you don’t run out of money and fuck yourself right back into the ranks of the employed.
That pretty much defeats the purpose.
How Much Money Do You Need?
The first step to attain your fuck you money goal is to determine what your actual Fuck You Number is.
We’ll, for starters you have to account for that annoying thing called inflation. That’s the thing that hurting many people right now post-pandemic. It reduces your purchasing power across the board.
So it’s time to do some math.
Luckily for you, some clever bastard actually created a Fuck You Money Calculator that you can use for free right here:
Now I have to warn you that the Fuck You Calculator is in British pounds, so if you don’t want to mess with doing even more math, and want dollar answers, use the free Vanguard calculator located here.
Let’s Play With Some Numbers
Using Vanguard’s retirement calculator, let’s look at a simulation using the following hypothetical…
- Let’s say you are 50 years old
- You spend around $100,000 per year
- You want enough fuck you money to last 30 years
- Your currently have $2 mil in the bank (stocks, bonds, cash)
Running the simulation, you will only have a 73% chance of having enough money to get you to your finish line without needing extra income.
If you happen to stroke out at age 75, your odds go up to 83%. Not bad.
Having $3 mil is a better target if you make it to 80 years old since it will give you a 97% of making it without a dime of extra income ever again.
Plug in your own numbers and set a goal.
How To Make Fuck You Money
There are endless ways to make fuck you money.
Some methods take far too long, so you must choose your money-making vehicle carefully.
What we do around here, on this website, is what’s called affiliate marketing.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a performance-based marketing model that allows you to earn money online by promoting other companies’ products and services.
When you make a sale, the product creator delivers the product or service to the buyer then pays you a percentage of the profits generated.
What makes affiliate marketing so awesome is that:
- You don’t need your own products or services
- You don’t have to buy or store any inventory
- You do not deliver or ship any goods
- You don’t do any customer service
Pretty cool right?
If you want to get started making fuck you money via affiliate marketing go learn how to with my free training here: affiliate marketing for beginners.
The Benefits of Affiliate Marketing As Your FYM Engine
To begin with, there is absolutely no limit to the amount of money you can make in the affiliate marketing game.
And since this business model is easily scalable, you have the ability to make a lot of money in a short amount of time.
And in the world of fuck you, speed is essential.
- It takes a surprisingly small amount of money to get started
- There are many different approaches you can take using affiliate marketing. Some require a website or blog, others do not
- You get to choose the area of interest and target audience to promote affiliate products to
- You can work from home. Or if you like to travel, you can work from anywhere with a simple laptop and internet access
- Since you are your own boss you can work when you want and on what you want
- You don’t need a product or service of your own. As I mentioned, you don’t have to do any product creation, fulfillment, customer service, or billing
- You can directly compete with, and often out-perform, large companies by working smarter and using a sniper approach
- You can automate and outsource nearly every element of your online business
- You can set up systems that will earn you money 24/7/365. Even when you are not working
- Since there are millions of companies offering affiliate programs, you have endless flexibility in who you work with
- You don’t need to have a website or blog
- This business model is easy to scale. Once you find a winning formula, you can build your income very quickly
- Internet marketing is forecasted to grow into a $500+ billion dollar industry by the year 2025. All you need to do is get your little piece of this enormous pie to make a high income
- If you do decide to create your own product, you can recruit other affiliate marketers to do the selling for you
- Affiliate marketing often leads to bigger and better opportunities. As you grow your business, other people will take notice and you’ll likely get invited to participate in mastermind groups, seminars, joint ventures, startups, and more
What To Do When You Get There
At this point, as long as you stay within the boundaries of your annual spending budget you can do what you want.
What’s nice about the affiliate marketing model is that you will still be making passive income aside from all of the fuck you money you’ve already accumulated.
But if you don’t even want to do that anymore, that’s OK too.
It’s your deal man.
Let’s Wrap It Up
A young businessman was at the pier of a small coastal village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked.
Seeing several large yellowfin tuna inside the small boat, the businessman complimented the fisherman on the quality of the fish and asked how long it took to catch them. “Only a little while”, the fisherman replied.
A little surprised, the young business man asked, “Why didn’t you stay out longer and catch more fish?” The content fisherman said, “This is enough to support my family’s immediate needs. I don’t need any more.”
“But what do you do with the rest of your time?” asked the confused young man. “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a walk with my wife, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my buddies; I have a full and busy life.”
The lad scoffed, “I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds buy a bigger boat with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise.”
The fisherman asked, “How long will this all take?” to which the young man replied, “15-20 years.” “But what then?” The business man laughed and said “That’s the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions.”
“Millions, sir? Then what?”
“Then you would retire, move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take a walk with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your buddies.”