Empower Canvassador Program Reviewed 2023
Updated: October 23, 2023 by Bill Burniece
The Empower Canvassador program was born out of the ashes of the Canva Affiliate Program.
In this Empower Canvassador program review, I’ll explain the changes that took place to the Canva program so you can decide if the new program is a good affiliate program for you to promote.
Here is my editorial review process.
What Is Canva?
Canva is an online graphic design platform that is used to create presentations, social media graphics, videos, posters, logos, and more.
While the platform is free to use, there are professional plans that do cost money.
This rapidly-growing company plans to compete with both Microsoft and Google in the always-competitive office software market.
What Is Empower?
Empower is Canva’s new content creator program.
It launched in September 2023.
Table of Contents
- Empower Canvassador Program Reviewed 2023
- What Is Canva?
- What Is Empower?
- Introducing The Empower Canvassador Program
- What’s In It For Canvassadors?
- Who Makes A Good Empower
- Which Platforms Are They Working With?
- What Are The Program Requirements?
- What Are The Canva Community Values?
- How To Join The Empower Canvassador Program
- The Old Canva Affiliate Program
Introducing The Empower Canvassador Program
The new Canva affiliate program has shifted their focus to a content-creator approach.
The new Empower Canvassador program’s primary mission is to “empower content creators, enabling them to
Empower Canvassadors are simply experienced Canva users who excel in simplifying and streamlining complex tasks on the Canva platform.
What’s In It For Canvassadors?
Empower Canvassadors will enjoy the following benefits for participating in the program:
- Earn affiliate commissions for referrals to the Canva Pro program
- Plus other opportunities to collaborate with Canva
- Beta test opportunities on future features and releases
- Educational workshops and webinars
- Special Canvassador badge
- Weekly updates highlighting recent releases and updates from program members
- Canva swag
Canava plans additional benefits to be added down the road.
Who Makes A Good Empower
Canva is looking for community members who consistently create original and engaging content
Ideal backgrounds include:
- Social media content creators
- Workshop/webinar facilitators
- Course developers
Which Platforms Are They Working With?
Canva is currently collaborating with community members who create content on
- Twitter (X)
They will add more social media channels as the program evolves.
What Are The Program Requirements?
While there are a number of things they’re looking for in a potential Empower
- Live the Canva Community Values (see next section)
- Be an independent creator (not a brand or agency creator)
- Have an active, responsive, and engaged audience
- Commit to creating at least one piece of Canva-related content each month
(social media tutorial, workshop, webinar, course, podcast, etc.) to be shared on one of the specified social platforms above
- Agree to follow Canva’s branding and NDA guidelines
What Are The Canva Community Values?
The 4 Canva Community Values:
- Be a good human: You are a warm and friendly person who is mindful of Canva’s guidelines, and carry yourself with kindness and acceptance
- Empower others: You are an amazing role model to the community, and inspire the best in other people
- Make complex things simple: You share your wisdom and strategies, and go out of your way to break down barriers for others to improve themselves
- Be a force for good: You give kudos, and genuinely make the community a better, more welcoming place for all
How To Join The Empower Canvassador Program
All you need to do is click the button below and include as much information as possible to help them with their decision.
Once submitted, please allow 3-4 weeks for a personal response from Empower Canvassador.
The Old Canva Affiliate Program
In case you’re curious about the Canva Affiliate program that was replaced by Canvassador, here are the specifics:
- The program was managed by the Impact affiliate network
- The commission rates was $36 for each sale of the Canva pro plan
- The cookie period was 30 days
If you are a diehard Canva user this program should be a no-brainer for you.
All other digital marketers should probably look elsewhere for other more lucrative programs to promote.