What Are The Best Affiliate Programs For Beginners?
A common question I get is ‘which affiliate program is best for beginners?’
Another one is ‘which niche should I choose first?’
I believe the second question is the that needs an answer first.
Choosing the right niche in the beginning is far more important than selecting the right affiliate marketing programs that fit into that niche. If you choose the wrong niche it likely won’t matter which affiliate programs you choose because you’ll probably fail. Sorry to be so blunt but that’s the cold hard truth about affiliate marketing.
Choosing your niche is that important. The good news is that if you do choose the wrong niche right out of the gate, its not the end of the world. You’ll just need to fail fast and move on to another market niche. More on that later.
When it comes to niche selection it’s vital to choose one with a topic that you either know a lot about or at least have a passion for. If you know little about your topic you’ll never convince anyone of your expertise and they’ll go elsewhere for advice and if you don’t have a passion for your topic you’ll probably quit before you make any money out of frustration or boredom.
Why Digital Products Are GreatOnly when you have your niche selected is it time to choose the right affiliate programs. One of the best places to start is Clickbank
Clickbank specializes in digital downloadable information products and their platform is so robust that they’ll actually help you answer that important question ‘which niche should I choose first?’
Why Clickbank Is A Great Choice For New Affiliate Marketers:
- It’s free to join and you can set up your account today
- Anyone can join – even if you have no experience in affiliate marketing yet
- You can earn commissions as high as 75%
- Clickbank always pays on time
- They have hundreds of thousands of products to choose from in every niche imaginable
- Many products offer you recurring commissions month after month
- Clickbank processes all transactions for you
- They have an excellent fraud control system in place
- You can tap into upsell offers that pay you even more money
- They provide excellent support and resources including free tips and strategies on their blog
And as I mentioned, Clickbank will even help you select your first affiliate niche via video training included below.
Since Clickbank specializes in downloadable information products on all topics you’re certain to find several niche-related products to choose from to get started with. Not only that but the payout percentages on digital goods is extremely high since there is little overhead for digitally-delivered products.
Clickbank has been in business now for over 17 years and they’ve partnered with digital marketers like you to sell their products to over 200 million customers around the world.
How To Choose Your First Affiliate Niche Using Clickbank
How To Choose Your Niche Summary:
Choosing your niche is the most important step in affiliate marketing. Spend a lot of time on this step and do not rush it.
3 questions to ask:
- What are you interested in?
- Do people spend money in it?
- Are there products to promote?
1. What are you interested in? Here are 4 good areas to explore:
- Hobbies: fishing, gardening, chess
- Problems: obesity, depression, home repairs
- Passions: fitness, causes, education
- Trends: healthy living, organic foods, homeschooling
Whatever you pick, stick with it. And it’s a good idea to get involved and participate in your niche. Your goal should be to become an authority in your niche.
2. Do people spend money in this niche?
- Are there advertisers in this niche?
- Are there any magazines on this topic?
- Are there books on this topic?
- Are there associations and groups in this niche?
3. Are there products to promote in this niche?
- Info products
- Physical products
- Ideally both types are available
The secret to your success is to drill down in your niche. Most people choose a niche that is way too broad which makes it tough to stand out and get noticed. Here is your formula: category -> niche -> sub-niche
- Health & Fitness -> Dieting -> Weight Loss For Busy Moms
- Cooking -> Baking -> Gluten Free Baking
- Sports -> Basketball -> High School Basketball
Drill down to the sub-niche level but make sure you still have a large enough group to market to.
ClickBank University 2.0:
How would you like to learn how to get a fast start with Clickbank from two super-affiliates?
- 8-week affiliate + 12-week vendor class
- Bi-weekly expert classes
- Specially curated add-on training
- CBU toolkit and traffic center
- Massive discounts on the top tools
- Live events for a fraction of the price
- And the exclusive ClickBank University Community
- And surprise bonuses
Other Great Affiliate Programs For Beginners:ShareASale has been in business for over 19 years, exclusively as an affiliate marketing network. Their platform is recognized for speed, efficiency and accuracy and their reputation as a fair and honest business is well known within the industry. They provide affiliate programs in a wide variety of niche markets and offer elite customer service across the board.
Affiliate by Conversant was formerly known as Commission Junction. CJ reaches millions of consumers shopping online through their vast affiliate marketing network. The Conversant, Inc. companies include Commission Junction, Dotomi, Greystripe, Mediaplex and ValueClick Media. Like ShareASale, they offer a ton of affiliate programs across a wide variety of vertical markets.
Amazon Associates needs no introduction since everyone knows that Amazon is a monster. Their affiliate network takes advantage of the biggest online marketplace on earth. Amazon is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. It is the largest internet-based retailer in the United States. It’s affiliate network, called Amazon Associates, allows you to tap into over a million plus products to advertise to your customers.
FlexOffers is an up and coming premiere affiliate network that builds mutually profitable relationships between skilled online publishers and a over 5,000+ popular advertisers spanning all verticals. With over 10+ years of experience in the affiliate marketing industry, they offer unparalleled customer service, an array of optimized data delivery tools and fast and dependable payments proving that flexibility is the key to affiliate success. FlexOffers.com was recently ranked the eighth overall affiliate network in the Revenue+Performance Top 20 Affiliate (CPS) Network 2015 Blue Book survey. Pretty impressive.
Whether you choose Clickbank or any of these other affiliate marketing platforms to start with, the key is just to get started. You will learn what you need to know as you progress each day.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn a few bucks part-time to supplement your current income, or to earn unlimited income full-time if you want to pursue it as a career.