How To Start An Affiliate Marketing Website in 2021
And Make Money With It.
Without Any Experience Or Technical Skills.
A Free Step-By-Step Guide:
Affiliate marketing, in my opinion, is the best job in the world. You can pick one of your favorite topics that you enjoy – a hobby, a skill, a job, an opportunity, anything really, and chances are somebody is making money online writing about it.
The Global Pandemic Has Changed Buyer Behavior
Right now, buyer behavior has changed and new habits are being formed. Almost everybody is ordering goods and services online.
Even those people who never ordered much online before COVID-19.
Millions of consumers worldwide will likely continue their increased online shopping after the pandemic finally runs its course.
I listed some data at the beginning of this post. Here’s more:
Right now in both the US & UK:
- Half of consumers are doing more than 75% of all their shopping online
- One quarter of consumers are doing more than 90% of their shopping online
- Less than 30% of shoppers are comfortable going to stores while the pandemic is still in play
There has never been a better time to make money online than right now.
Table of Contents
- How To Start An Affiliate Marketing Website in 2021
- Create An Affiliate Marketing Website In Three Steps:
- Selecting Your Affiliate Marketing Website Theme
- Create An Affiliate Marketing Website In Three Steps:
- 8 Comments
The number one roadblock you’ll face is the seemingly daunting task of getting started. Oh, on that note… if you’re not sure whether or not affiliate marketing is for you or you’re not quite ready to jump in yet please start here.
But I’m about to show you how easy it is to start your own affiliate website or blog without having any technical skills or coding experience whatsoever. In fact, you can get started today. As in right NOW.
Below I have put together for you a step-by-step tutorial in ridiculous detail (including screenshots of each and every step) on how to get your new website online in minutes.
Follow this tutorial and you will start a new and fun journey that can pay you passive income by selling other people’s products 24/7/365. You don’t have to create any of your own products, store inventory, perform fulfillment, ship anything or do any customer service of any kind. Sound good?
Then please proceed…
Create An Affiliate Marketing Website In Three Steps:
Affiliate Website Creation: Step #1) Getting Your Own Domain And Hosting Account:
Click here: Bluehost to get to the new customer discount page and then click on the big green button seen below. (This will open Bluehost in a new tab so you can click back on this tab to continue the step-by-step instructions):
After you click on the green button, you’ll land on a page with your plan selections. Since you’re just starting out I recommend the Basic plan since it the cheapest and you can always upgrade later if you need to. Your Basic plan will include everything you need to get started:
- Domain Name
- Email Account For Your New Site
Please note the starter plan is usually billed annually but it will also save you some money instead of paying monthly.
Next, you’ll end up on the domain name page. This is where the fun begins. Choose a good, short, easy-to-spell, and relevant domain name for your business. Keep in mind that the best .com names are long gone so get creative or use a .net if you need to. If you need some help please take a few minutes to read this article I wrote on the topic: domain name tips.
If you’re not ready to choose your domain name you can skip this step for now by clicking that option at the bottom of the page.
Oh, and if you already have a domain registered elsewhere, you can have the domain transferred to Bluehost for free and receive an additional year of registration added on to the end of your current term. Cool.
If the domain name you choose is already taken, you’ll be instructed to choose a different one.
After you select your domain name and hit the NEXT button you’ll go to the account info page here:
You’ll have some optional services to select from but you don’t have to choose these now. These options include:
- Domain Privacy Protection
- Site Backup Pro
- Search Engine Jumpstart
- SiteLock Security
Pay for your selected package and you’ll be directed to choose your password:
Congratulations; you are all done with Step 1.
Affiliate Website Creation: Step #2) Setting Up WordPress:
Next select either Business or Personal for your website designation:
Now simply click the blue Launch button:
Next give your new website a title and description. For example, Title: Funniest Cat Videos. Description: A collection of the funniest cat videos in the world.
Finally, log in to your new website:
That’s it. Now its time for the final step and where it gets really fun. Creating your website and making it yours.
Affiliate Website Creation: Step #3) Start Building Your New Website:
I have loaded a video on how to install different WordPress themes and how to start building your website below. There are 10 total videos that will load back to back without you having to do anything but watch. So have at it. Have fun. And let’s make some money together. Please make sure to bookmark this site so you can come back for more tutorials to learn how to generate traffic and start earning passive income.
Selecting Your Affiliate Marketing Website Theme
I’m often asked “which WordPress theme should I be using?” It’s a great question since there are many many thousands to choose from. If you’re just getting started I highly recommend you start with one of many free themes you’ll find on wordpress.org. I don’t see any reason why you need to buy a theme right out of the gate.
What makes WordPress so awesome is that you can switch themes anytime you want and all of your content remains in place. With most themes, you will not need to rearrange any formatting when making a switch.
So What’s Important In The Theme You Choose?
- Choose a WordPress theme that best fits your content and is most appealing to your target audience. Nearly all themes are customizable by color, number of columns, widgets, and other key features so you’ll have plenty of creative space to make it your own and make it stand out
- It’s vital now (in 2015-2016 and beyond) to choose a theme that is responsive. Responsive themes automatically adjust the appearance of your content to fit smaller browsers to ensure your website looks right to each visitor
- Make sure the theme you pick supports “featured images”. A featured image will give your post a nice little thumbnail of that picture (like you’ll see on the right hand side of my home page)
- All WordPress sites on wordpress.org come with user reviews, number of downloads, and theme updates. This info will appear on the right hand side of your screen. Make sure to consider all of these factors when choosing your theme. Pick one that is popular, well liked, and updated frequently
Once you’re ready to buy a paid theme I highly recommend Elegant Themes. I used the Elegant Themes Divi Extra to create this site. Click the banner below to learn more about Elegant:How About Some Free Traffic?
As a new Bluehost customer you’re going to automatically get some advertising credits with both:
- Google – $100 credit
- Bing – $100 credit
These credits are available on your hosting dashboard. Please start building content on your new site and learn how to monetize your website before you start sending traffic using these free credits. Meanwhile how about some pro tips to help you optimize your site’s success:
Affiliate Marketing Website FAQ:
What is an affiliate marketing website?
An affiliate website is a simple online platform for the publisher to earn income selling affiliate products and services to site visitors who are interested in the website’s topic or topics.
How much money can you make as an affiliate marketer?
The amount of money you can make in affiliate marketing is unlimited. Some marketers earn a small income working part-time as a ‘side gig’ and others make a high income working full-time. The choice is yours.
Are affiliate marketing websites profitable?
Some are some are not. It depends upon the topic selected and the amount of time and effort the publisher puts into the creation of the affiliate site.
Can I do affiliate marketing without a website?
Yes, you can do affiliate marketing without a website. It’s a completely different approach than traditional digital marketing that requires a sound foundation in numbers and analytics.
Why Having An Affiliate Marketing Website In 2021 Is A Great Idea
- The affiliate marketing model allows you to earn a passive income each and every month in the area of interest or expertise of your choosing. There are an endless possibilities online and there is absolutely no limit on the amount of money you can earn
- You can work from the comfort and convenience of your own home or anywhere you have internet access. You are your own boss so you can work when you want and on the projects of your choosing
- As an affiliate marketer you’re earning a commission for selling someone else’s product or service. As I mentioned above, you don’t have to do any product fulfillment, customer service, billing, or product creation because the vendor does all of that for you
- The playing field on the internet is still level meaning that a beginner can directly compete with, and often out-perform, large companies. You may not believe this now; but it’s true
- Once you get rolling, you can make money around the clock – even when you’re not working. The systems you’ll set up are automated to earn you money 24/7/365
- You get to pick which companies to partner with and there are a ton of affiliate networks and programs out there for you to choose from. They all offer a different product, payout, angle and experience. This gives you unbelievable flexibility in setting up and running your business
- You can outsource most of the tasks involved in internet marketing if you prefer to do less work yourself
- This business model is super easy to scale up. Once you find a winning market and product or service you can build your income very quickly
- Affiliate marketing automation tools exist to help expedite nearly every task involved in your online business
- The barrier to entry in the affiliate marketing game is low since it takes a surprisingly small amount of money to get started.
- Affiliate marketing has a very bright outlook. Internet marketing is predicted to grow into a $335+ billion dollar industry by the year 2021. Think about that figure. All you need to do is grab your small piece of this enormous pie to make a large income
- You do not need to create your own product to make money in affiliate marketing. But if you do decide to make your own product or service you can recruit other affiliate marketers to help do the selling for you
- Affiliate marketing often leads to bigger and better business ventures. As you grow your online business, other companies and marketers will begin to notice and you will likely get invited to participate in seminars, masterminds, joint ventures, startup opportunities and more. This business model promotes the entrepreneurial spirit and this industry is made up of individual tight relationships