Twitter Traffic 2023
Twitter rocks and if you know how to rock it without being an ass or spamming everyone else on the platform you can drive tons of targeted traffic to your own sites.
Twitter is a traffic monster. In July 2014 Twitter passed the 500 million user mark and they show no sign of slowing down anytime soon. So how can you leverage their traffic to make yourself affiliate commissions? Here are some tips to help you tap into the social network power of Twitter:
Twitter Traffic Tips:
- Use images: Most people think of twitter as a text-only app. Images are now a vital part of your message in Twitter. Studies show that tweets with images get a much higher engagement rate.
- Create compelling tweets shorter than 100 characters: You get 140 characters but testing has proven that shorter to-the-point tweets get the highest click-through rate. Make them interesting and compelling with a strong call to action.
- Ask questions: Questions always generate engagement. Especially if you ask the right questions on topics that people are controversial, informative, or interesting.
- Include statistics in you tweets: Peeps love stats. If you have some interesting or surprising statistical information in your blog post or article make sure to tweet about it. And make sure you tweet using numbers since they will stand out and get you noticed.
- Dangle the carrot: Don’t give away all of your landing page content with your tweet. Generate curiosity with a compelling message that makes them want to click through to find out the conclusion to your carefully-worded tease. Craft your message to be click-bait that doesn’t come across as obvious click-bait.
- Hashtags: What are Hashtags? Simple a word or two behind a # symbol that makes a common discussion subject. Compelling Hashtags often spread virally and even transcend the topic your discussing. Cleverly placed Hashtags can bring traffic back to your site.
- Keep it real: You’ll get the best results from Twitter if you communicate and interact as if you’re speaking with someone in person. Share your opinions on topics and ask others about theirs. Interject your personal interests with your professional ones and keep it lighthearted and funny. Emulate the people that you follow and like and model their Twitter methods.
Cross-promoting your articles and blog posts using Twitter can bring you a ton of new traffic. Get creative with it and have fun.
If you need some ideas follow some Twitter masters and see how they initiate engagement. Here are some of my faves:
- Guy Kawasaki
- Amy Porterfield
- Digital Marketer
- Ann Handley
- Drew Hendricks
- Shawn Collins
- Gear Patrol
Who are your favorite internet marketer Twitter follows?