Use Observation To Accelerate Your Affiliate Marketing Success
As internet marketers the most valuable commodity we all have is time. It must be protected, maximized, and cherished at all times. Successful business models that work online evolve and change at a much faster rate than old-fashioned brick and mortar business models.
Strategies that are killing it online today may be dead and gone tomorrow.
The good news is that you don’t have to re-invent the wheel. There are already business models working online making huge profits today. Wouldn’t it be easier to just identify which models are working successfully in your marketplace or niche and copy them?
When I say ‘copy’ I don’t literally mean to copy exactly what others are doing but to tweak that winning formula into your own creation. It’s really not that hard to do. I have yet to find a business model that is absolutely perfect, with zero room for improvement. Just add your own unique twist, bonus, or enhancement to make yourself stand out and go carve out your own share of the market.
Luckily there are some easy ways and simple online tools to help you in your detective work:
How To Spy On Your Market Leaders And Competitors
- Identify the leaders in your internet marketing niche
- Join their email lists, enter their sales funnels, and buy their products (whenever possible)
- Pay attention to the offers both front-end and back-end, cross-sells, up-sells, and down-sells
- Note how often they contact their sales list and the frequency and types of offers they make
- Join their social media channels to follow how they’re marketing there and how frequently
- Learn how they’re getting traffic to their sites. Are they advertising? If so where? How? How often?
- Test their customer service. How quickly did they respond? Were you dealing with professionals?
- Check out their backlinks using one or more of the free tools you’ll find online
- Find out what the marketplace is saying about your competitors. Put their names into tools like Google Alerts and IFTTT.