Online Lead Generation Techniques
Online lead generation trends and techniques come and go. Just like everything else on the internet.
If you’ve followed the evolution of the internet over the past dozen years or so you’ve seen a huge shift driven mostly by the birth and explosive growth of social media platforms. Social media added an exciting element of personal interaction to the information library that defined the early internet. This personal interaction forever changed the world of marketing too.
Lead generation has also evolved during this shift from simple word search and email lead generation to a diverse online world of lead generation options and choices.
And choices are good…
Why The Number 1 Is The Worst Number In Marketing
I learned from the great marketing legend Dan Kennedy long ago that the worst number in marketing (including internet marketing) is the number one.
If you rely on only one of anything related to your internet marketing business you’re exposing yourself to overnight failure. For example…
Do you rely on only one:
– Traffic source
– Product or service
– Group of customers
– Social media platform
– Lead generation technique
– Market or niche
– Data source
– Analytics metric
– Search engine (for SEO)
We all know that the internet changes at lightning speed.
If you put all of your marketing eggs in one basket you’re destined to fail. Want some examples?
- I knew a successful online marketer who relied on paid traffic on only one platform: Google Adwords. After a terms-of-use violation he was banned and all of his traffic disappeared overnight. Since he had nothing else to fall back on, such as SEO or social media traffic, he had to start from scratch while his business floundered.
- Another marketer I know received all of her traffic via SEO from Google search only to have her sites disappear from page one of Google overnight because of an algorithm update.
- The worst? I knew a guy (band actually) that got all of their exposure from only one source: MySpace. Enough said lol.
Diversify everything you do online and never rely on any one thing. Especially when it comes to lead generation…
Here’s a lead generation technique you may not have thought about before. And it’s working better than ever right now:
Lead Generation Using Online Quizzes
Quizzes have stormed the internet over the past few years and smart marketers have learned how to turn these quiz-takers into leads and sales.
But I know what you’re thinking…
- How do I set up an online quiz to collect leads?
- Is there an easy way to automate the entire thing?
- Is there a way to even pour these quiz-leads into an online funnel to do my selling for me?
Until now, unless you are a software engineer or clever website coder there was no way to do this. That’s all changed with the release of Smart Funnelz.