Not Even Close:
Learn How to Benefit from Cold Email Marketing in 2018
What’s the average response rate to cold emails?
See; that’s a question that many marketers and business owners are asking. The assumptions are harsh; people usually don’t believe that email marketing works nowadays.
The facts show us that cold emailing no longer works when you want to connect with business people. Fast Company made an experiment; they sent 1000 emails to busy executives. Out of those emails, around 300 bounced. Out of the remaining ones, the open rate was 45.5%. Now that’s a pretty high open rate for this busy category of people. However, only 1.7% of the people who got the messages responded to them. That’s not a good percentage, so it’s no wonder why cold emails are slowly being abandoned in different business practices, especially when trying to get the attention of executives.
When you’re trying to connect with the audience, however, email marketing is not dead. Far from it! In affiliate marketing, in particular, a good campaign gives you great opportunity to make a special offer and establish a quick connection with a potential buyer.
Email Marketing Is Alive and Kicking
Let’s start by explaining why email marketing is still important for any kind of business:
- Emails are a nice way to inform your audience about a new offer you have. They are also great for reminding people about an active offer, so they won’t miss out on it.
- Instead of waiting for people to find your promotional content via Google search and social media channels, you can reach out to them.
- You don’t have to make a huge investment. Email marketing services don’t cost much. There are tons of tools to choose from, so you can easily find one that fits into your budget.
- The results of an email marketing campaign are easy to measure. You can track the delivery rates, bounce rates, open rates, and click through rates. Any marketing automation tool, such as E-goi for example, will let you track the results of your campaign. This is important, since the analytics allow you to adjust your message in a way that engages more recipients.
- The art of finding leads and customers is becoming easy to master thanks to automation services. When you use a tool that finds leads for you, you can immediately start sending emails. Since these emails will be targeted to a group of people who might be interested in your offer, you can achieve high conversion rates only if you craft the message well.
Email marketing still works, and that’s a fact. But it doesn’t work for everyone. Will you make your campaign successful? It all depends on the way you approach it.
Affiliate email marketing works in a fairly simple way: once you sign up for the affiliate program, you’ll get hyperlinks and you’ll be allowed to include them in your emails, so you can generate sales. This doesn’t mean you’ll send a simple textual message with a link at the bottom. You have to make your campaign attractive.
Here are few tips to help with that:
It’s All about the Content
Marketing teams have been focusing on driving people towards their websites for over 15 years. They have been setting different traps to attract potential customers and capture their contact information.
Today, things are different. It’s all about the final user. When someone opens an email, they don’t want to be tricked into buying something. They want to see what’s in it for them. If they see an offer that would bring value in their lives, they will accept it.
That’s why you need to write convincing content for your email marketing campaign.
Whenever you’re composing a message, you have to answer that question: “What’s in it for the recipient?” Address them directly and explain how they will benefit from this offer.
If you have trouble composing a clear and inviting message, a writing and editing service like Assignment Masters can help.
Personalize Your Message
According to a study conducted by Aberdeen Group, 96% of organizations believe that personalization improves the performance of their email marketing campaigns. There’s a reason for that!
A personalized subject line means that you’re directly addressing the recipient, with a relevant offer they will benefit from.
So how can you personalize an email? It’s easy: start using the right email service provider. Most of these tools make it very simple for you to personalize the messages and the overall campaign. GetResponse, for example, enables you to plan an individual customer journey based on their data, needs, and actions. That takes personalization beyond using the first name.
Get People on Your Blog
Your own blog is the most useful medium for sharing affiliate links. That’s because it gives you space for providing complete reviews accompanied with photos. You can also feature customer stories, so you’ll offer proof for your claims.
An email message doesn’t give you that much space. When someone opens an email, they just want to see what’s in it, and they expect a brief message with a visual appeal. That’s why it’s important to work on the design of your message. The content should be engaging, but brief.
You’ll provide the affiliate link for people who want to get the product. However, you should also offer a link to a blog post that provides more information for those who are interested, but not ready to purchase yet.
Most of all, affiliate marketing should be enjoyable. You have flexible working hours and you get to promote products and services you really like. Your email marketing campaign will be part of that process, but you shouldn’t feel it as a burden. Approach it as an opportunity that will get you more clicks and more traffic on your blog. A positive mindset changes everything!
Guest post by: Mark Thomson
Sources of images: