Instagram Affiliate Program 2022
Very soon, they plan to roll out a long-awaited affiliate program that allows content creators, influencers and marketers to make money directly from their platform.
Specific affiliate program terms have not been formally announced yet, so please bookmark this page and I’ll keep you posted as they happen.
What We Know About Instagram Affiliate Program So Far
In short, not much. It’s been hush hush for the most part.
What they have revealed is that the program will likely be rolled out to only a select portion of users at launch for testing.
The affiliate dashboard area will be located in the Creator section on the app and they will make it easy to join in a few simple steps.
Notably, they will be making it possible for users to mute specific keywords when using the direct messages or comments feature.
Plus, there will be a new brightness AI feature that will help users adjust the brightness of their shared content automatically.
All of these features are designed to improve the user experience.
Table of Contents
- Instagram Affiliate Program 2022
- What We Know About Instagram Affiliate Program So Far
- What Is An Affiliate Program?
- Why Affiliate Programs Are Cool
- No Product Development
- No Products Or Services To Buy
- No Fulfillment Or Shipping
- Never Deal With Customers
- Instagram Marketing Tips
- 1. Write A Creative & Eye-Catching Bio
- 2. Get An Instagram Business Account
- 3. Get Creative To Set Yourself Apart Visually
- 4. Use The Instagram Stories Feature Frequently
- 5. Don’t Go Crazy And Overpost
- 6. Once You’re Established On Instagram, Look To Partner With Influencers
- Instagram Marketing Automation
- Why Market On Instagram?
- Why Instagram Is A Buyers Goldmine
- Who Succeeds On Instagram?
- Translating Instagram Content for More Exposure
- Creating a New Profile or Transitioning
- Promoting Links on Instagram
What Is An Affiliate Program?
Perhaps you use Instagram but don’t know what an affiliate program is.
Affiliate programs allow people like you and me to earn money by referring buyers to online merchant web sites.
The affiliate marketer, which is you, acts as a middleman that sends the buyer to the merchant website where the transaction takes place. Then the merchant pays an affiliate commission to you based on the terms of each individual affiliate program agreement.
The 3 parties that participate in the affiliate program are:
- You the affiliate
- An online buyer who buys something through your link
- The merchant website (in this case Instagram) that operates the affiliate program
Why Affiliate Programs Are Cool
No Product Development
You don’t have to create your own products or services
No Products Or Services To Buy
You never have buy or store inventory
No Fulfillment Or Shipping
You never have to handle, ship or deliver any goods
Never Deal With Customers
You don’t perform any customer service
It’s basically easy money to earn without having to do much to earn it.
Instagram Marketing Tips
1. Write A Creative & Eye-Catching Bio
Your bio is extremely important on Instagram. Even more so than on any other social platform.
And the challenging part is that you only have 150 characters to work with, so you must make each character count.
Your bio is the first thing people will see when they visit your Instagram page. This is your opportunity to make a good first impression, establish your voice and set yourself apart from everyone else – which is crucial on Instagram.
For starters, include some of your top keywords to quickly communicate to people what you’re all about. Ideally, come up with a tagline or short description that tells visitors what’s in it for them. Know exactly who your target audience is and communicate as effectively as you can with them.
Create a hashtag with your unique tagline or handle to encourage sharing, tagging and branding. Also add some special characters to mix things up. Finally, include a link with a strong call-to-action to your homepage, offers or landing page.
2. Get An Instagram Business Account
An Instagram business account allows you get additional features that aren’t available on a personal account:
- You’ll get access to Instagram’s analytics where you’ll get the key performance metrics of your pages followers to gain valuable audience insight
- You will be able to add live links to your Instagram Stories – which is huge
- An Instagram business account gives you the option to schedule your posts
- A business account allows you to add a valuable contact button
- Having access to Instagram’s affiliate program and advertising platform
- The ability to turn your feed into an online shop with the product tagging feature
3. Get Creative To Set Yourself Apart Visually
Instagram is all about its emphasis on the visual element. As an Instagram marketer, you need to take full advantage of this. Use the same color themes, fonts and filters in all of your content to start earning important visual brand recognition. Be different. Don’t just copy what others are doing. Instagram users love uniqueness. Get creative.
Plus use the highest quality graphics and pictures that you can. Anything less just doesn’t cut it on Instagram. If you’re less on the creative side, you can outsource this task on a platform like Fiverr where there are plenty of pros who can crush this task for you.
4. Use The Instagram Stories Feature Frequently
People love storytelling. The Instagram stories feature use a slideshow format that allows you to tell a compelling story visually. You can get super creative with Instagram stories and should. But before you can master the creative side, you’ll need a little practice using the editing & accessory features Instagram offers.
Take the time to learn the editing platform is time well spent since the more your content stands out, the better. You can also repost your Instagram stories which is a key feature and something you must do.
5. Don’t Go Crazy And Overpost
Many Instagram marketing newbies screw this one up. Usually because nobody told them in advance. While it’s important to post consistently, do no overpost. The best practice is to post at least once each day, but never more than 2-3 times in a day.
Since Instagram marketing is more about quality over quantity, post when you have something really interesting to say. That is your best strategy.
6. Once You’re Established On Instagram, Look To Partner With Influencers
Influencers have already done the hard work for you, and if you can leverage that it’s worth the time and expense. Just make sure you are working with an influencer who has the same target audience that you do.
Instagram Marketing Automation
If you want to harness the power of Instagram traffic without doing all of the hard work yourself, I have a great solution for you. This new powerful app, called Zen, will help you automate all of your Instagram marketing on one easy-to-manage platform.
The Zen App is simple for beginners:
- No Tech Skills
- No Being On Camera
- No Setting Up Funnels
- No Previous Experience
- No Paid Advertising
- To Wait Months For Results
Zen gives you:
- A 2022-ready autopilot traffic app
- Made for newbie simplicity
- 100% pandemic & recession proof
- 5-year money-back guarantee
- Get results or they’ll pay you $1K
Zen comes with an iron-clad 5 year unconditional money back guarantee. Never heard of any other product that makes it so easy to try.
Why Market On Instagram?
I’m sure you already know that Instagram is a great photo and video sharing platform that is growing at an explosive rate. What you may not know yet is that Instagram is also a tremendous marketing tool that allows businesses and brands to market themselves without having to spends tons of money.
That may not be the case forever, but for now it’s awesome. It continues to be a great marketing tool for many brands that are looking to gain exposure, build their online fan base and turn them into potential customers.
Instagram has become one of the fastest growing and hottest social media platforms on the web. If you think it’s just for sharing pictures you’re missing out on a tremendous opportunity to creatively bring targeted traffic to your sites.
- Instagram has over 500 million users each and every day
- Instagram has well over a billion monthly users
- Engagement is 10 times higher than Facebook, 58 times higher than Pinterest, and 84 higher than on Twitter
- Instagram is a top 5 social platform
- A third of Instagram users have used their mobile to purchase a product online
- You’ll reach 100% of your followers per post… compared to just 6% on Facebook
What Instagram can do for you is help you create a presence, expand your sphere of influence, draw in new followers and friends, and humanize your brand. And if you think that since you only sell other peoples products as an affiliate marketer you don’t need branding then you’re mistaken. I’ll save the topic of branding for another day but with social media going more and more visual (Instagram, Pinterest) you need a logo or a name to promote to start forming your own tribe.
The key to Instagram traffic is to NOT treat it as a photo album. Think of Instagram as a tool to help you give value to people who don’t know you. You must focus your efforts on using it to meet new people who can become your followers and eventually your customers.
Why Instagram Is A Buyers Goldmine
Instagram allows you, the digital marketer, to tap into 700 million buyers who engage offers many times more than people presently do on Facebook. And as of this writing is creating more “free traffic millionaires” each and every day than all the other internet platforms combined. Who is cashing in on free Instagram traffic?
- People like Ali Maffuci, who started “Inspiralized”, an Instagram account on turning vegetables into simple spaghetti dishes. She’s now quit her corporate job and is raking in thousands of dollars daily.
- And Shirley Braha who has over 2 million followers on “Marniethedog”, just by posting pictures of her dog, she now earns a fortune by featuring famous celebrities.
- And “thefatjewish” who only posts other people’s funny pictures and now makes 6 figures promoting their accounts, too.
Who Succeeds On Instagram?
It is true that you must keep in mind some factors that will influence your success as an affiliate marketer on Instagram. Here are the top three characteristics your profile must possess:
- Brand Value: Both your profile (whether you are an influencer or a brand looking to promote other brands and their products) and the product or brand you are promoting should have value. You must be trusted by your followers. Likewise, the product or brand you are promoting must have a good reputation.
- “Good” Following: A “good” following is one that is not made up of bots or paid followers. A good place to start from is 5,000-15,000 followers, but even a smaller dedicated follower base can be effective. As long as you get at least 100 likes on your posts consistently and your followers engage with your content, you can be sure that you have a good chance at affiliate marketing.
- Relevancy: Last but not least, the product you choose to promote must be relevant to your followers. If you are an influencer connected to makeup, then you should probably choose products for personal care and, well, makeup.
Translating Instagram Content for More Exposure
Before we get into the process itself, it is important to mention a tactic that you can benefit from in order to increase your exposure and subsequently the number of your followers. Instead of only producing content in English, consider translating it to other languages with the help of an online translation service such as The Word Point. You will be able to reach multilingual audiences and then become a better affiliate marketer.
Creating a New Profile or Transitioning
As an affiliate marketer, you have two options available to you: create a new profile or transition from your usual user profile to an affiliate marketing one. To create a good Instagram profile, consider such things:
- Username: Choose a username that will be easily found by your followers when they want to find you or tag you. If you want one username for all your social media accounts, you can check its availability across platforms with the help of Check Usernames.
- Profile Picture & Bio: Use your profile picture and bio to reflect what you or your brand stands for. You have a limit of 150 characters, so use them wisely.
- Privacy Setting: Make sure that you have a public account so that you can be discovered easily and don’t have to approve every follower.
- Captioning, Tagging, & Geo-Tagging: Write great captions, include tags and include your location in some posts.
If you decided to transition from being a usual Instagram user to an affiliate marketer, then you will probably have to increase your following count. Use hashtags in your posts, host giveaways and contests, make sponsored posts and be patient. It will take some time in any case.
Promoting Links on Instagram
Unlike on other social media platforms, Instagram doesn’t enable you to link to external websites in your post captions. This means that you have only several options when it comes to including your affiliate link:
- Link In Bio: The most obvious option is including a link in your bio. This can be either permanent or semi-permanent depending on the purpose. If you are collaborating only with one brand, then this is probably the best option for you as you can include only one link in your bio.
- Linkable Instagram Gallery App: A linkable Instagram Gallery App such as Linkin.bio allows you to have a personal gallery that has links from all of your posts. The link to your gallery can be included in your bio for your followers to get access to it.
- Link In Stories With Swipe-Up: Unfortunately, this option is only available to accounts that have over 10,000 followers. The Swipe-Up feature allows your followers to swipe up on your stories to go to an external page or an Instagram profile you link.
- Shortened Link: This is the riskiest option as not all of your followers will be willing to use it. You can use a URL shortener such as Bl.ink to shorten your link and allow your followers to type it in by themselves in an external browser.
The truth is that in affiliate marketing it takes the same amount of time & energy to promote a product or service that pays you $500.00 than it does to promote a product that only pays you $29.00. Doesn’t it make sense to get paid more money for doing the same amount of work? Let me teach you how to sell high ticket products and services for high paying commissions.