Influencer Marketer Implementation
This is the third and final post in the series on influencer marketing.
In the first post we discussed what influencer marketing is and why it’s such an important element to internet marketing success.
In the second post on influencer marketing we laid out a 3 step strategy on how you can tap into influencer marketing to increase your online sales. Next we described how to profile and locate good influencer candidates which is the first step.
In this installment we’ll discuss the final two steps:
- Step 2: How To Reach Out To Social Influencers
- Step 3: How To Incentivize Your Influencers
Step 2: How To Reach Out To Influencers
The best way to reach out to you market’s social influencers is by email. Here are some tips:
- Never ever use a ‘form’ email or template that you send to everyone. That’s the laziest strategy there is and any influencer will smell it a mile away and will ignore any other emails you send them. Guaranteed.
- Personalize your approach with a compliment. If you’ve done your due diligence (and you better!) you know enough about them to know what to key on. Something like “I loved your post on blah…blah… blah because of blah..blah”. You get the idea. To capture the attention of your targeted influencers, your content has to be as engaging as possible.
- Be yourself. Literally. Always disclose who you are and never try to use any trickery to get them to reply to you. Influencers value their time just as much, if not more, than you do. Get to the point in as short an email as possible. You wouldn’t believe some of the novels that are sent to me in an email that just take too long to read.
- If you don’t get a reply don’t take it personally. The best influencers are notoriously difficult to reach. Have patience and if you don’t get a reply after two attempts simply move on to someone else. If you do get a reply, regardless of their position, thank them for their time.
- When you do recruit someone get them active as fast as possible.