How To Award Your Website The Answer Box
Obviously the answer box listing is the holy grail of search engine results. So the question becomes.. how does Google award the answer box?
Just like everything Google does to determine rankings, there is a complex and evolving algorithm to determine box placement which they don’t reveal. But most search engine experts agree on the methods to increase your chance of grabbing the Answer Box.
Tips To Win The Valuable Answer Box:
- Good search engine optimization (SEO) is a key element both grabbing the answer box and appearing on page one
- Look for existing answer boxes that have poor or useless answers and simply create a better answer
- Model your page after existing answer box snippets. There is a reader-friendly format that most follow
- Go deeper into the topic than any existing answer box. Google likes authoritative content. Make some.
- Create a table, graph or numbered list because Google tends to favor visual content
- Write summaries for your topic because these are often the source for the featured box
- Answer the question clearly without any unrelated support
- Provide unique information and support for your views
- Use keywords in your answers
- Use header tags with your target keywords
I know what you’re thinking… that is a lot of work. And it is. So why do it?
Obviously the answer box listing is going to get the lion’s share of the clicks. But how much exactly? That of course varies by the popularity and frequency of the question. But I did see one study where a website experienced a 700% increase in traffic to that page in just 90 days after securing the answer box.
This is a huge opportunity that nobody is talking about. And there now is an easier way to snag the answer box and it involves voice search…
But there’s more. Having the answer box is the best way to deliver traffic from voice search and voice search is already here. According to global web index roughly 326 million people use voice search every month.