Reality For New Affiliate Marketers:
OK, here’s the deal. Affiliate marketing is an incredibly accessible way to earn a great deal of money month after month on auto-pilot. Anyone can do it and there are very few barriers to entry. The list of advantages of affiliate marketing over other money-making business models is impressive…
But wait just a minute! Here is a cold dose of the real world…
The Reality Of Affiliate Marketing For Newbies:
- Affiliate marketing will not make you rich overnight. It is far from a get-rich-quick scheme
- Becoming a successful affiliate marketer takes a lot of hard work. Especially when you’re first getting started
- Affiliate marketing is extremely competitive and if you’re new at it you’ll need to learn quickly to make it in this business
- Making significant money from affiliate marketing takes a great deal of determination, patience, and tenacity. If you’re the kind of person that chases every shiny new object to try to get rich you’ll fail miserably. Trust me. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve seen lose patience and quit affiliate marketing when they’re far closer to success than they think.
Now I’m not trying to discourage you from getting into affiliate marketing. In fact, far from it. I just want to make sure you understand that there is real work involved and it is a REAL business so you must run it like a real business. A successful mindset starts with having realistic expectations. So that said…
Where To Start?
First off, you need a website. Sure, there are ways to make affiliate income without a website but that is a completely different affiliate model that would take an entire website for me to explain. Here we will only focus on the basics. There are three basic paths you can take to have your own affiliate website:
- You can buy one: Don’t buy an existing affiliate website unless you’re already experienced. (unless you really enjoy headaches. Buying a used website is kinda like buying a used car. Some of it may have customization that only its creator understands and some of that could even be malicious in nature).
- You can build your own website: Building your own website is much easier than you think it is. And you can do so without any technical knowledge. I know because this is the path that I chose and the one I recommend to you. I have detailed how to build your site in less than one hour in a highly detailed step-by-step tutorial located here: Build An Affiliate Website Go there now if this is the path you would like to take.
- Lastly, if you have more money than time you can invest in an entirely made-for-you system with 5 custom websites and all of the content to fill it. It ain’t cheap but it will save you a ton of time and time is money. To learn more about that go HERE.
Do You Need Some Guidance?
There are a few very good internet marketing courses and communities that you can join along with other newbies to get training and support on how to get your first website built and making money. If you would rather pay a little money up front and get some support and direction instead of venturing out on your own this is a great way to go. There are good programs out there that will not drain your bank account with a large up-front investment. I have selected two such programs below you may choose from that are both excellent and more importantly: reputable.
Training, Support, Tools and Services – Wealthy Affiliate continues to define the online education and training world with a unique and cutting edge platform built specifically to create success. Get trained, get answers, build your business, and accelerate your success.
To achieve success as an Affiliate or Online business owner, you need to have the FOUR essentials at your fingertips at all times. Training, Support, Tools, and Services. Without each of these you will struggle to achieve your goals. Wealthy Affiliate delivers these to you in world class fashion.
To Learn More: Click Here Now
Chris Farrell is one of the most respected and successful internet marketers in the industry today. Chris Farrell has been voted the Number 1 Internet Marketing Coaching Program – by IMReportCard.
Chris Farrell Membership is the highest rated service and overwhelmingly loved product online – for people looking to get started in internet marketing and who need a helping hand. Chris’s training products and websites have already helped tens of thousands of newcomers begin their online business.
To Learn More: Click Here Now
Of course these programs use my affiliate links – but I’m sure you already know that since that’s obviously what affiliate marketing is all about.
I believe that building your own website using wordpress is still the best method to get started. But there’s certainly nothing wrong with one of the programs I listed above because each is excellent. If you need help I believe that investing time and money into a course is key to your success as a newcomer to help you avoid costly mistakes (like I made) and keep you motivated, provide momentum, and get your gears turning.
Getting started with affiliate marketing is the easy. Getting good at it (quickly) is not as easy – unless you have the right guide. Good luck and let me know if you need any help from me.
Sincerely – Bill
P.S. I just completed a step-by-step checklist for getting started as an affiliate marketer HERE