Understand The Future Of SEO By Looking At The Past
I’m not an expert in SEO but consider it one of my stronger online skills. You likely found my site because it was ranked high in the search engines which allowed you to find it without much effort.
If you’re a newbie, SEO is search engine optimization and it’s the set of factors that determines where your website gets ranked in the search engines – the big three being Google, Yahoo, and Bing. SEO is extremely important to me since I hate paying for traffic to my sites. Plus being ranked high in the search engines provides credibility to your site and thus a higher click-through-rate.
I found the following video on my colleague Matthew Woodward’s blog and it’s a real gem. Its a presentation by John Limbocker who has been an SEO expert for so long that he was in the game before Search Engine Optimization was even a coined term. That makes him one of the true pioneers in the field and a voice that needs to be heard.
Where SEO Has Been And Where Its Going
In this video you’ll learn:
- The history and evolution of SEO
- The truth about black hat SEO tactics
- Factors the search engines have used and will use
- Google’s bullshit meter
- Why you need to focus on improving the end user experience
- A frightening discovery that John recently made that is an SEO game changer
- How to beat the new system
- The big-ass elephant in the room (and this one will surprise you)
- What’s coming down the road
- and much much more