My virtual mentor and serial-entrepreneur, Michael Hyatt, has just re-released his amazing course Free To Focus again.
If you want some background first, Michael opened his free Productivity Assessment Test. I just took the test myself and failed miserably. In fact I scored a horrific 46/100. Yikes. Want to see how you score? It only takes minutes and it’s free.
Next, you’ll get a detailed analysis of the areas in which you can improve and a link to sign up for a free webinar to help you improve in each of these areas.
So Why Did I Score So Low?
I wasn’t surprised that my production score was low but was surprised by how low it actually was. Forty six? That’s not very good is it?
Here’s the deal… and I’ll be completely honest with you: I let myself get unproductive.
Just a few short years ago, I was very productive. In fact, I was single-handedly operating two completely different companies simultaneously. But when it comes to my business I’m a control freak because of what happened to me in the past. I’m hesitant to outsource or delegate my job duties out of fear of being ripped off again.
As a result I’ve allowed myself to become overwhelmed by all of the work in front of me these past few years. Don’t get me wrong. I’m still getting plenty of things done but I would say that I’m far from operating efficiently. I’m good at staying busy but my output is suffering.
The good news is that I’m aware of the need for improvement, accountable for change, and eager to start moving in the right direction again. What Is Free To Focus?
Developed by successful former CEO and thriving entrepreneur Michael Hyatt, Free to Focus is a transformative productivity system designed especially for busy leaders, from entrepreneurs to executives. This 3-part course provides an actionable blueprint for prioritizing the high-leverage activities in your business, clearing the path for you to generate more revenue and do more of the work you love.
Unlike other productivity systems, Free to Focus is not for cramming more tasks into your schedule — it’s not about DOING more. It’s about accomplishing more by doing LESS.
This dynamic course is an accelerator that helps you drive results and free up your schedule for the people and projects that matter most. By teaching you to spend 80% of your time of what’s most important (instead of the mere 20% most leaders are able to devote to their priorities), Free to Focus provides gains at work and restores balance to your personal life.
The online course and vault of bonuses are the turn-key solution for an overwhelmed work life, providing relief and satisfaction as you get back to your highest-impact projects and free up your schedule for the people you care about the most.
The total Free to Focus experience is provided in a 2-Day Intensive Workshop, where participants receive personalized training from Michael as they learn and implement the principles of the course during two incredible days of teaching. This is especially recommended for corporate teams, executives, and business owners who want to experience rapid transformation.
When you’re Free to Focus, the way you work—and live your life—will never be the same!
Who Is Michael Hyatt?
Where do I even start? Few resumes read like Michael’s.
After graduating from Baylor University, Michael started his own publishing company, Wolgemuth & Hyatt, with his partner Robert Wolgemuth in 1986. Word Publishing eventually acquired their company in 1992. He was a successful literary agent from 1992 until early 1998. However, he really missed the world of corporate publishing. As a result, Michael rejoined Thomas Nelson, where he had worked as a VP in the mid-80’s, in 1998.
Michael was CEO of Thomas Nelson from August 2005 to April 2011, when he was succeeded by Mark Schoenwald. He remained on the company’s board from August 2006 until the company was eventually acquired by HarperCollins in July 2012.
Since 2012, he has run his own company, Michael Hyatt & Company which is a multi-million dollar online training company.
I first noticed Michael when I picked up his book called Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World. It is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today best seller. It provides step-by-step guidance on how to gain visibility online for your product, service, or cause. Like all of Michael’s work, it is both amazing and life-changing if you implement his unique ideas.
Michael has written eight books in total, two of which landed on the New York Times bestseller list. His newest book, Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want, is on the subject of life planning. He wrote it with his good friend, Daniel Harkavy, Founder, CEO, and Executive Coach of Building Champions.
If that’s not enough, here are some high profile articles Michael’s been featured in recently:
- Fast Company magazine: “How Can You Tell If A Goal Is Achievable And Realistic?” (April 12, 2016)
- Inc. magazine: “The 15 Best Podcasts for Entrepreneurs” (March 21, 2016)
- Entrepreneur magazine: “7 Tips to Take Your Personal Brand to Celebrity Status” (February 5, 2016)
- Nashville Business Journal: “Meet Three Nashvillians Making Millions on the Internet” (January 8, 2016)
- American Management Association: “The 30 Most Influential Leaders in Business” (February 20, 2015)
- Inc. magazine: “Top 50 Leadership and Management Experts” (May 12, 2014)
- Inc. magazine: “100 Great Leadership Speakers for Your Next Conference” (December 16, 2014)
- Entrepreneur magazine “Top 25 Business Podcasts for Entrepreneurs” (December 3, 2014)
- Success magazine: “9 Podcasts to Enrich Your Mind and Soul” (January 29, 2015)
- Entrepreneur magazine: “50 Favorite Online-Marketing Influencers” (August 25, 2014)
- Forbes magazine: “Top 10 Online Marketing Experts to Follow” (February 28, 2014)
Who Would Benefit From The Free To Focus Program?
- Account managers
- Agency leaders
- Business owners
- C-level executives
- Clinicians and medical professionals
- Divisional leaders
- High-performance professionals
- Leaders of all kinds
- Operational leaders
- Pastors and ministry leaders
- Presidents, vice presidents, and chairpersons
- Public servants
- Public speakers
- Sales and PR representatives
- Supervisors, managers, and team leaders
- And more…
What’s Included In The Free To Focus Course?
Free to Focus is a complete productivity course that teaches you to get more done by actually working less. That’s right! This philosophy flies in the face of common sense and breaks down misconceptions and barriers on how to maximize your productivity and daily output.
Using the top tier strategies in this course, young leaders and elite professionals alike can free up time and energy to focus on the people and projects that matter most. Sadly, most leaders spend 80% of their work days tackling the urgent and only 20% on high-leverage ventures that move their businesses forward. This system flips that ratio.
Unlike other productivity systems, Free to Focus™ provides an essential framework for clarifying priorities. Rather than teaching high achievers how to “get more done faster,” it shows them how to identify the most important commitments and tasks and execute on them for powerful results. Better yet, it does not require conformity to a strict or complex set of rules — instead, Free to Focus™ conforms to the way an individual prefers to work. Applicable to any level of business — from start-up to major corporation — this system scales easily as the high performer’s workload grows.
Providing versatile solutions to complex obligations, Michael Hyatt has distilled the best and most effective productivity methods from over three decades of corporate and entrepreneurial experience, packaging them neatly in this all-in-one solution. With a bank of proprietary tools, a supreme vault of bonuses (worth over $2000+) and a live intensive workshop option, this course offers a transformative work-life balance solution to every overwhelmed responsibility magnet. Those who are ready to escape the clutter, overwhelm, and inefficiency of our fast-paced work culture can use Free to Focus™ to restore balance to their personal lives and start making their greatest contributions.
The course includes everything you need to increase your productivity and focus on only the things that are most important to your success.
Here’s What You’ll Get:
- 9 video lessons + downloadable resources (exercise worksheets, audio files, transcripts, slide decks, instructional materials… PLUS a $2000+ bonus vault for those who enroll in the Premium or Ultimate editions). Here is the first video for the course:
- Proven principles for implementing the 3 fundamental strategies that will reinvent your productivity mindset, reduce your workload, and sustain your efficiency
- An all-in-one solution for reclaiming time for the people and projects that matter, regardless of whether you prefer digital or analog calendars, planners, and to-do lists
- Unlimited access to our Free to Focus Productivity Summit interviews (one-on-one interviews with 8 top productivity experts, including Jason Fried, Greg McKeown, Gretchen Rubin, Shawn Stevenson, Chalene Johnson, and more)
The two higher tiers of the course also include Michael’s Elite Bonus Vault, which includes:
- Exclusive access to the private Free to Focus Facebook group
- 50+ of Michael’s ultimate time-saving email templates, ready to download
- How to travel like a pro (2 exclusive videos + a packing list)
- How to organize your workspace for maximum efficiency (tutorial video)
- 5 step-by-step, in-depth screencasts of Michael’s favorite productivity tools, including Evernote, Nozbe, Slack, TextExpander, and Workflowy
- How to design morning and evening rituals that will set up your productive day (PDF kit)
- Michael’s 7-part productivity formula for calculating your projected increase in revenue (PDF ebook)
- Your Secret Productivity Weapon, a 4-part mini-course which teaches you how to find, train, and leverage a world-class executive assistant (Ultimate package only)