Why You Need Live Chat Software
As ecommerce continues to experience explosive growth globally there is a critical element of online shopping that bothers many newcomers.
That element is the disconnect of not having a live person available to answer any questions about a product or service in the key decision-making moments leading up to an online sale.
In fact, Forrester Research commissioned a study on online shopping and discovered that…
“Many online consumers want help from a live person while they are shopping online; in fact, 44% of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live person while in the middle of an online purchase is one of the most important features a Web site can offer.”
I believe that if you’re not using live chat on your websites you’re really hindering your credibility, conversion rates, and thus your income. The boost you’ll see in both click-throughs and sales will make you a believer. In fact, I believe you can nearly double your conversions and income with all of the benefits that live chat brings. I know that’s a bold statement but let’s analyze the benefits of live chat…
Five Reasons To Use Live Chat Software:
- Live Chat Increases Trust And Builds Credibility: The single most important word in affiliate marketing (and all ecommerce models for that matter) is TRUST. If people don’t trust you they won’t buy from you. Period. Live chat enables you earn trust, gain credibility, and demonstrate your expertise to your site’s visitors. It shows you are serious enough to care about their concerns and be available instantly to address them. This one point should be reason enough to convince you that you need live chat!
- Live Chat Increases Sales: If people cannot easily find answers to their questions (usually objections) they’re likely to click to another site to find them there. They know they can probably email you but have no idea how long it may take for you to get back to them. The longer the gap between their questions and your answers the more they’ll cool off to your once-hot offer. Answering their questions while they’re in the moment of making a buying decision on your site will increase your sales noticeably. Further, you’ll have the opportunity to close the deal with fence-sitters who just need a little nudge from you to buy.
- Live Chat Gives You A Competitive Edge: Most of the competitors in your niche will likely not be using live chat. This makes you stand out and gain an important competitive edge and more likely to get the sale.
- Live Chat Saves You Time: If you get alot of email you already know how time-consuming it can be to sort through them all. Live chat will reduce your inbox from a good portion of the simple-question-types who fill your email box.
- Your Customers Love Live Chat: This is a biggie. People love to use live chat; including you. If I’m looking to buy something online or seeking customer support its one of the first things I’m looking for on a website that I’m visiting. It’s not only convenient but you can get your questions answered instantly.