Adsterra Case Study
Adsterra is a one of the best adtech platforms in the industry. Adsterra offers a unique combination of innovative technology and human intelligence.
Here is a case study on how you can profit with Adsterra.
- Traffic type: SSP CPM SocialBar by Adsterra.com
- Offer: Mainstream Utility
- Time period: September 07–12, 2020
- GEO: IN
- Spent: $74.82
- Income: $273.24
- Profit: $198.42
- ROI: 265%
Today we will be reviewing my campaign, which I created with the new Social Bar format from Adsterra! Super fresh offer for India, high payout and no restrictions. Let’s roll.
GEO Offer & Traffic Source Selection
All right, first of all we are looking at a new app made in India, because TikTok was recently banned there. So, this is an equivalent to TikTok, which is allowed in India. The utility is called Moj.
The offer is a SOI utility with CPI payment model, that pays $0.072 per install.
Screenshot of the final landing page:
Let’s start with the fact that this offer is restricted to Android. So we need to protect ourselves from unnecessary traffic from the very beginning by excluding inappropriate versions of Android.
I decided to run the offer with the CPM model with a $0.05 bid. This is a quite risky decision because we need to be aware that there is a lot of traffic in India, so we need to set a limit on the number of impressions that we get per day. This is important in order to quickly respond to changes in the amount of traffic and, if necessary, make changes in the campaign to increase its CR.
Let me remind you that India is a multilingual country, therefore you should set targets in order to affect the maximum number of users. (Different languages are spoken in India depending on the state. Not everyone understands English and Hindi)
In my last SB case study, I talked about the importance of choosing the right creatives. In this campaign, I decided to use misleading creatives, which, based on my test campaigns, performed very well.
First of all, it is worth saying that I wanted to hit all traffic at once, both mainstream and adult. I decided not to use adult creatives, this time I used photos of beautiful Indian girls and tempting headlines, saying that this app will help you find your love.
You can go further and make creatives with a random Indian phone number and a photo of a beauty, but cover the last few digits, so it would look like “download the app and see the full number.”
I’m telling you, it all works great, even considering that this is the simplest variation of the SB format. The coolest things start with managed campaigns.
Okay, let’s begin designing our notification. I took nice high quality images of beautiful girls who are tempting to visit their profiles in this application. Examples of my SocialBars can be seen to the right.
As I said earlier, everything here follows the same scenario as for push notifications. However, in this case I made my creatives on different templates, so there would be some variety, and you could understand what works better with users.
Choose the most clickable title and description, this will help increase the probability of conversion and will encourage the user to click in general.
Important: Follow the platform rules and do not use the logo of Google, Android, etc. This may result in your campaign being rejected and you will have to look for new creatives.
Stage 1 (Placement blacklisting)
As always, when dealing with CPM campaigns, you need to do a lot of blacklisting. If you don’t want to receive unwanted traffic, you need to worry about this issue in advance. Therefore, you should block isps of Amazon, Aliexpress, Digital Ocean, etc.
In the process of running a campaign, do not forget to blacklist placements that do not convert. This will save you a lot of money.
Stage 2 (Changing the bid)
Extremely situational point. If you understand that the campaign is going down — raise the bid, if it goes too well — lower it a bit. It’s all very situational, so take a good look at the statistics and analyze.
Stage 3 (creative replacement)
An important stage in SB campaigns. I would usually recommend utilizing this during test campaigns, but sometimes some creatives work so well that you can add more similar ones without testing. Kind of the same goes for creatives that perform badly — if things really go south you can change them during the main campaign. Monitor trends carefully and be sure to use a variety of creatives.
As a result, we have the following settings: target for India, all Android versions above 4.1, all unnecessary browsers removed, $0.05 bid, English and Hindi languages.
In conclusion, I would like to say that this format allows you to get an unprecedented number of conversions. I especially like the variety of templates for creatives.
As you can see, the offer is working and goes very well in India. I have shown it work in small volumes, but you can take a lot more.